Office Tour Photos
Product Management Leader, Senior Director
Full-Time / Product / Boston
GasBuddy is looking for a results-driven product leader to help GasBuddy take more share of the $1B spent daily on fuel in the US and Canada. . Youll be responsible for articulating and executing product strategy aligned with GasBuddys ongoing transformation from fuel-price discovery utility to become the platform that gives away the most free fuel to users in the US and Canada. Youll lead a team of product managers, based in the US and Canada, working to grow the value of GasBuddy to our 10 million monthly consumer users, digital advertisers, and retail partners. Youll collaborate with senior executives to ensure product strategy is effectively aligned with business outcomes. You will mentor product managers in their work with engineering, design, and operations managers to ensure execution excellence.
The GasBuddy product portfolio includes consumer facing and business-to-business offerings extended on mobile and web platforms. Consumers value GasBuddy to avoid paying full price for fuel; and our business partners value GasBuddys ability to aggregate highly-intentioned fuel and convenience shoppers and provide tools for managing their brand across digital touchpoints.
The successful candidate will have experience delivering consumer m-commerce and e- commerce products that scale; demonstrated ability to deliver on the business strategy via product outcomes; ability to build collaborative relationships with senior executives and direct reports equally well; and will enjoy mentoring accomplished product managers in furthering their mastery of the product management discipline. This role is a player-coach role and is expected to continue to practice as a senior product manager and lead a team of product managers in the development and execution of product strategy and delivery.
Results you will deliver:
- Growth in consumer engagement measures and leading indicators for revenue performance across GasBuddys product experiences.
- Growth in product profitability measures.
- Run a high-functioning, collaborative product delivery team as demonstrated by throughput of ideas, speed to market, and progress against targeted goals.
- Experience managing consumer-facing mobile and web product team. Demonstrated mastery of e-commerce / m-commerce product development.
- Experience in an agile environment with distributed teams;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - you will have direct exposure to our executive committee and must have the ability to communicate well at the executive level;
- Ability to manage expectations and collaborate well cross-functionally, especially with marketing, operations, engineering, and design teams
- Ability to articulate how the features and products we deliver tie into the strategy and goals of our business and use that insight to drive team alignment and execution
- Knowledge of user science techniques and applying user research to inform product strategy.
- High expectations for both individual and team performance
- Ability to focus on outcomes over releases and building customer value above all
- Ability to embrace failure as an opportunity to learn
- Ability to travel between US and Canada at least quarterly
- Good understanding of iOS, Android, and web platforms and the technology stacks underpinning each
- Good understanding of tools for measuring engagement; ie, Google Analytics, Localytics
- Good understanding of SEO principles as they apply to e-commerce
- Understanding of statistical analysis and methods
- Bachelors degree
GasBuddy's mission is to help consumers avoid paying full price for fuel. As the leading source for crowdsourced, real-time fuel prices at more than 150,000 gas station convenience stores in the U.S., Canada and Australia, millions of drivers use the GasBuddy app and website every day to find gas station convenience stores based on fuel prices, location and ratings/reviews. GasBuddys first-of-its-kind fuel savings program, Pay with GasBuddy, has saved Americans more than $7 million at the pumps since its launch in 2017. The companys business solutions suite, GasBuddy Business Pages, provides Fuel Marketers and Retailers their best opportunity to maintain their station information, manage their brand, and promote to their target consumer audience. For more information, visit http://www.gasbuddy.com.
GasBuddy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We dont just accept difference we celebrate it and thrive on it. We endeavor to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the consumers we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law. EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ+.
To all recruitment agencies: GasBuddy does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, GasBuddy employees or any other company location. GasBuddy is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.