At Knox, we’re using data to change the way households build wealth. We’re making it easy for homeowners to turn their old home into an income property when they move out. By changing the homeownership pattern, we’re giving families a way to build wealth faster and with less volatility. Venture funded, we’re building an extraordinary team to help us expand rapidly. We are looking for an experienced, design first, customer-centric, hands-on executive to be our product leader.
Knox is a design-first fintech company. In an industry [real estate and consumer finance] that generally does not lead with design, nor the customer, this orientation will be critical to our success. Delivering a thoughtful, well-executed, seamless, customer experience, on par with the most forward-thinking companies, is key to the Knox brand. Every customer interaction, email, conversation, image, text, and financial statement is an opportunity to delight, impress, and deepen the customer relationship. Our communication style and user interfaces are levers to build customer loyalty. Your job will be to lead the development of this product vision, development, deployment, and presentation.
The core of our technology is built around data and automation. Experience leading and collaborating with teams of designers and developers, and/or outsourced resources, is a must. An understanding of data structures and architecture, especially related to property and finance is highly encouraged. The ideal candidate has experience designing, developing, and launching consumer financial products and some familiarity with residential property investment.
You will be joining a founding leadership team made up of experienced, successful entrepreneurs with multiple ventures and exits under their belts. The ability to get things done well and quickly is paramount. You will be the leader who owns the product roadmap and makes it a reality. Your goal is to create a world-class customer experience that, along with our demand gen team, drives explosive growth and evangelist customers.
You should have a solid reputation for building great products that have a big impact. We also expect you to be a seasoned manager who has a passion for and demonstrated success in building and leading world-class product teams. In the beginning, you’ll be doing a lot of product work with your bare hands. As we grow, you'll lead a group of incredibly talented people to make sure we hit our aggressive goals.
- Deliver a world-class customer experience
- Design and deliver the product
- Own the customer journey - develop and intimately understand the needs and primary concerns of Knox’s various customer profiles.
- Lead all aspects of product execution. Prioritize development efforts across the platform and lead the successful execution of all products from idea generation, collection and selection to prioritization, testing and launch.
- Plan and manage the implementation of data architecture to support functionality, automation, and internal and external facing product features.
- Ensure fast, effective & quality delivery.
- Build, manage and mentor an excellent product team.
Requirements & Skills:
- Product Leadership – Success building and leading product organizations in B2C businesses. Ideal experience in consumer financial products and/or property.
- Rapid Growth - Experience in scaling and rapid company growth is required. You should have startups on your resume.
- Product Vision – Experience helping to craft a product vision from inception, through trial phases and iteration, to rapid growth.
- Process-driven – Experience setting and driving an effective process. Able to lead, prioritize, and manage resources in an agile environment that embraces a culture of testing, launching, and learning.
- Split Testing - Dedicated to testing everything and constantly improving based on tight metrics and meticulous attention to optimizing the customer experience.
- Team Builder & Manager – Has built excellent product teams. A strong and experienced manager who enjoys developing a team. Able to attract high caliber talent into the company.
- Early-Stage Experience – Energetic, execution-oriented, do-er with previous experience in, and passion for, entrepreneurial environments. Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen with limited resources. Knox is building a team of A-players. You will be blown away by the capability and productivity of your teammates.
- Passionate about Customers & Mission – Capacity for implementing new products that deeply engage and motivate customers. Driven to always understand, empathize, and connect with customers. Always driving to improve metrics and scale, but never willing to do so at the expense of delighting users. Always champions the customer’s perspective. A genuine passion for the Knox mission.
- Honest and straightforward communicator – First-rate oral and written communication skills are paramount. Projects confidence, trust, and thought leadership when communicating internally with the executive team, direct reports, and externally with investors or strategic partners. Ability to develop the communication channels required to build great products.
- Analytical – Understands and evolves the product to meet user needs, by analyzing product data, customer feedback, research and insights from the team. Continually analyze user metrics and market data in order to improve customer experience and value on an ongoing basis.