The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, were behind some of Spotifys most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and youll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
Spotifys Personalization Mission is looking for an experienced Product Insights leader to join our Personalization Platform team to inform and shape how we personalize the Spotify experience. The Personalization Platform team builds the models, tools, and data products that represent user taste, identity, behavior, discovery, and their relationships with content.
What you'll do:
- You will lead, manage and grow a team of Data Scientists and User Researchers in our Personalization Platform team, setting the focus, strategy and priorities with the team.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams of designers, product owners, engineers, marketers, and others across the company.
- You will help to shape our tools and data products.
- Work from our office in Boston.
Who you are:
- At least 3+ years of experience as a people manager leading insights teams with the practical chops you dont mind dusting off when needed.
- Significant experience with background in working with consumer data/ intelligence platforms and consumer data tools development teams.
- You will come from a user-first environment and care about our listeners, how they experience the world and what parts of that are relevant to their personalized experience on Spotify.
- Significant expertise in experimentation methodologies and breadth and depth of statistics/ML knowledge.
- Significant experience with platform quality metrics development.
- You have a user-focused mentality and know how qualitative information helps to develop data products, models and tools. You have experience with this and actively seek it in your work.
- You deeply value and have experience with hiring, coaching and leading diverse and high-performing teams.
- You bring passion and playfulness to your work and those around you.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or whats playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. Its in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the worlds most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.