Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a member of the Product Excellence (Product Operations) team, you will work on initiatives that create a high performing, customer-centric and results-oriented product organization through continuously improving product operating systems, establishing best practices for product strategy and planning, tracking customer outcomes and business impact, coaching and mentoring team members.
Your primary charter will be to implement and scale Product team operating systems including deeply understanding the needs of the Product team and cross-functional stakeholders, identifying and implementing process and tooling improvements and monitoring product team progress and performance. Your work will deliver measurable business results such as improved Product team efficiency and effectiveness and increased Product team satisfaction(ePNS).
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Monitor and Report on Product Team Performance; Define metrics, create reporting, monitor metrics, identify opportunities for improvement and implement initiatives to drive accountability and improve team performance
- Implement and scale Product team operating systems. E.g. Own, manage and optimize our Product Execution tracking system to ensure it meets stakeholder needs, drives efficiency and scales with our growing organization
- Lead the optimization of tools used by our Product Team including defining requirements and best practices, implementing workflows, training team members and driving team adoption to increase efficiency and improve product team performance. Research vendors and make recommendations on new tooling as opportunities are identified
- Identify, lead, design and implement projects which streamline critical and routine tasks and processes to get the right outcomes faster with more impactful results
- Partner with Product Managers and Product leaders to establish and maintain Product Management Best Practices, provide mentorship and coaching
- Partner with R&D Enablement to maintain Product onboarding and continuing education
- Create and maintain great content and resources relevant to the Product Team (e.g. Team Wiki, Playbooks, etc)
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years of Product Operations, Product Management, Business Operations, Business Analyst, Technical Analyst experience in an Agile software environment, preferably in the SaaS industry
- Demonstrated experience in building strong relationships with stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to break-down ambiguous problems and turn them into data-driven insights and actionable solutions
- Quick learner with ability to work independently, think critically and problem solve in an ever changing fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and demonstrated ability to execute on large, cross-functional projects
- Passion for operational excellence with demonstrated success in driving process improvement and change management through the use of systems and tooling
- Ability to turn partial, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- Demonstrated ability to execute on and deliver complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- Experience with Product Management tools such as: JIRA, Product Plan, Heap, Confluence, Coda a plus
- Experience selecting and implementing new tools a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required