Who are we
Tripadvisor is the worlds largest online travel site, visited by 400 million travelers each month, and our business Tripadvisor B2B is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organization. We serve hotel, restaurant, OTA and media partners with advertising and SaaS-products to help them generate demand and improve their businesses.
Why this job is excellent
Tripadvisor is in the process of rolling out an entirely new business model, a consumer subscription model called Tripadvisor Plus, that is expected to be the future growth driver for the company. This new product launch is a unique opportunity for one of the most progressive companies in the digital space. We are looking for a talented dynamic B2B Product Leader to own our hotel connectivity roadmap that will be the foundation of our supply platform to power Tripadvisor Plus.
As Product Director for Tripadvisor Plus, you will be an integral part of the Companys transformation journey. You will help shape our current and future success as we transition from being a marketing platform to a leader in online distribution.
What Youll Do:
You will own the entire product development lifecycle and be ultimately responsible for building a scalable supply platform and leveraging data and insights to optimize the performance of that platform. You will leverage your deep experience in hotel connectivity technology to help define and implement the optimal solution. To achieve our goals you need to be able to work within a fast moving Agile environment, be extremely strategic, proactive, analytical and, ultimately, results driven.
You will work collaboratively across B2B and B2C and with cross-functional stakeholders within Engineering, Sales, Marketing & Operational teams to develop & execute our product vision, strategy and quarterly roadmaps, to make sure that we are driving quality product solutions ontime to achieve our ambitious revenue goals.
- Influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company. Youll create product strategy, roadmaps & highlight resource needs that identify areas where improvement is needed; and capitalize on unmet opportunities that align to the Companys long term vision.
- Define and own the supply platform to power Tripadvisor Plus. Leverage your deep knowledge of the hotel distribution technology landscape to help Tripadvisor build a scalable hotel inventory management system with connectivity to a broad set of partners (e.g. Channel managers, CRS, PMS, other aggregators/ OTAs)
- Own the operational health of the Tripadvisor Plus supply platform. Partner with Analytics to build reports and implement the right alerting and monitoring to ensure you always have a pulse on performance. Drive efforts to optimize the platform performance and our supply coverage
- Build content ingestion and management systems to help automate content updates & dissemination while building tools for a feedback loop on content accuracy
- Analyze the impact of hotel perks to offer performance and develop tracking and partner feedback loop to optimize perk offers and delivery
- Responsible for the business outcomes driven by your team, and proactively make changes to strategy, roadmap, or process in order to maximize outcomes. To achieve this you will need to clearly define success metrics for new projects and track them to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving towards these defined goals.
- Voice of the Partner & our Users - Effectively use a multitude of data sources within the company and perform research to understand how our product offering stacks up against our direct competitors as well as how it is or is not solving our partner & user needs to inform our roadmaps
- Foster relationships with peers across the Product organisations so that cross team goals are factored into roadmap plans and broader strategy to maximise our resources and value delivered.
- Lead cross-functional teams to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts
- Automate as much as possible to empower your team and the business - developing scalable processes in a high volume environment.
What We Seek:
- Between 10-20 years online product management experience
- +5 years experience within B2B2C through a two sided marketplace
- +5 years experience with hotel connectivity technology
- Operational experience within an OTA or other hotel connectivity player
- Strong leadership and management - building/enhancing team
- Entrepreneurial - excited to dig in and build something new - Speed Wins!
- Strategic/business thinking
- Ability to embrace change & drive change - test and learn culture!
- Ability to work across teams - Crisp Stakeholder management - Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations
- Passion for the business and our partners
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative and multi-cultural situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus