Office Tour Photos
ezCater is the worlds largest online marketplace for catering a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. Were backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the worlds catering, and well make it happen even more surely if you come help us.
At ezCater, we pride ourselves on being insanely helpful, especially when it comes to great UX and great service. As a Product Designer on the Fulfillment domain, youll be solving for the users that ensure our orders are successful: our catering partners, customer service representatives, and delivery drivers.
Youll have the opportunity to work with a group of talented product designers and design researchers, while spending your days on projects that solve for valuable user and business problems.
When teammates describe you, heres what they say...
- Youre a design collaborator. You share your designs early and often, but also are able to confidently take ownership of a problem space and work independently to move end-to-end design solutions forward.
- You care deeply about the needs of the people youre designing for. You work with design researchers to help others walk a mile in their shoes and contribute to research sessions as a thought-partner.
- Youre at your best when working as part of a cross-functional team in a fast paced environment. Youre energized by designing with hypotheses in mind, iterating, testing, and measuring to find the best solution.
- You're proactive and a self-starter. You identify user problems and take the initiative to solve them.
- Youre a valued thought partner to Product and Engineering leaders. You influence the product agenda and drive the design vision and roadmap.
- You demonstrate an outcome-focused attitude that keeps your team feeling positive and energized, and brings fresh ideas and learnings into your work and your teams work.
In a couple of months, heres what else youll be able to do...
- Use data to make design decisions (while surrounded by stakeholders and colleagues who believe strongly in the value of user research and data-driven design).
- Contribute to moving business metrics. You are passionate about design systems and well-versed in data-informed product design and development.
- Communicate effectively with your team and maintain high levels of credibility with stakeholders about your process and the problem youre solving. You dont just make design decisions, but you can speak to them.
- Facilitate brainstorming and ideation sessions with your team and take the charge on concept generation and developing solutions.
- Have a solid grasp of all sides of ezCaters business within the fulfillment domain and beyond.
Youll be able to hit the ground running if you
- Have 4+ years of product design experience, solving thorny problems with thoughtful solutions.
- Have a portfolio that demonstrates a knack for solving complicated problems by designing clean and cohesive experiences, and dependable attention to detail. You present your process and not just the end result.
- Are proficient in Sketch and Invision, or other design and prototyping tools. Have experience working with and contributing to a design system. You see the value in consistent, well-considered components and guidelines, and advocate for the benefits of a high-quality experience.
- Can speak to the problems youve solved and how your design solutions led to an impact on the business metrics or user behaviors you were trying to drive.
- Are able to show how youve evolved your solutions in response to qualitative end user feedback and/or quantitative metrics.
- Have a sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
- Have prior experience using various research techniques to inform product and design decisions, especially planing and conducting usability testing and concept testing.
What youll get from us:
Importantly, youll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. Youll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCaters radical transparency and trust, youll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind. At the same time, youll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and heres what else youll get: Market salary, stock options youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.