Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Were taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that well deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Were looking for a talented Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that Do right by the customer.
We seek a teammate dedicated to our restaurant employees and employee management. You will work on products to improve the lives of restaurant employees, as well as the tools and processes restaurants use to hire, retain, and lead their teams. Demonstrated skills include the user needs analysis, business process analysis, workflow design, rapid prototyping, interaction design, and high-fidelity product design. At Toast, we love lean experimentation and testing concepts with end-users. Your collaborative style inspires others to the point where people ask to work with you; your high quality standards and problem solving skills are obvious throughout the entire process; and you acknowledge theres always more to learn.
You should have experience working directly with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver user experiences. As a Toast Product Designer, youll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose; enable restaurants with the tools they need to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across native mobile and responsive web platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX, product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, translating that understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with designing for for native mobile apps and responsive web platforms
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Enough UX Research fluency to be data and insights driven
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Enduring sense of curiosity with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Passion for doing right by the customer
- Fluency in Figma and other prototyping and design collaboration tools
- Bonus: Experience designing for mobile consumer apps
*Bread puns encouraged but not required