Were a fast-paced startup looking for a product designer with a broad UI and UX skill set who wants to ship designs that helps SMB Finance teams save time and money. You'll become an expert in our product, our mission, and our customers problems in order to advocate for an amazing user experience for all types of users.
We want to work with a flexible designer who believes in our mission, is a team player, and wants to make a real impact through their work. The rest of the team can flex around the right person. Excellent problem-solving abilities, strong communication skills (across different audiences), and the desire and ability to self-start and time-manage in a fast-paced environment would set you up for success in this role.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with design, product, and engineering teams to design product features from concept to launch. This could include new feature discovery via UX research, ideation through every fidelity of UI design and user testing, and validating high-quality experiences through product testing and QA.
- Contribute to decision-making in product features and the roadmap that will have a significant impact on our business.
- Help guide the overall UI design of our products by growing and maintaining our internal design system and component libraries.
- Play a lead role in structuring and gathering user research and feedback.
- Work closely with the product team to measure the effects of your work.
We're looking for a designer who:
- 3+ years experience as a product designer working on shipped software product UI
- Above all: thinks critically about solving problems through design. Were looking for somebody who can back up every UI decision they make with a solid reason grounded in UX research and heuristics.
- Is a skilled UI designer with a portfolio commensurate with their experience. While UX is important, this is a role where sweating the details on UI is equally important.
- Is comfortable and fast using modern design tools. (We use Figma exclusively. If youve never used that particular program, thats fine, as long as you have comparable skills in Sketch/Adobe/etc. and are willing to learn.)
- Has experience working on UI and UX design projects for modern web and mobile apps, plus solid understanding of usability best practices for web and mobile. (Your portfolio should exhibit extensive product design experience on shipped products and features.)
- Is ego-free and eager to give and receive critique with a genuine interest in helping to improve every team members work so we can ship the best products as a team.
If youre interested, please submit your portfolio and links to any relevant websites, as well as your desired salary. Compensation commensurate with experience.
As a team we value curiosity, generosity, and passion. We believe that we're stronger together, and we seek out opportunities to learn from each other and to share what we know with the rest of the team. We also believe that focusing on the customer and developing a sense of empathy and compassion for our customers is key to the success of our product and our engineering organization.
At Lola.com, we celebrate diversity and consider it key to our success as a team and a company. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect for all employees.