Jellyfish is building products that empower engineering organizations to become as valuable and effective as possible. Engineering is at the core of every modern business and we believe it should be managed that way. By leveraging the data from tools and practices that engineering teams already use, we apply a layer of intelligence that enables leaders to align engineering decisions with business initiatives and deliver the right software, efficiently, on time. Were solving a real-world problem that people have today, and our growth is testament to the market potential.
Design is a highly valued role at Jellyfish, and the team like the rest of the company is growing rapidly. Our mission is to inspire a culture of product innovation and scale through collaboration with leadership, creative problem solving, and quality experiences for our customers.
We are looking for talented designers to partner with leaders across product, engineering, sales, and marketing, to turn data into wonderfully-designed insights and experiences. If youre interested in the craft of digital design across its many disciplines (UI, IX, UX, Research, Testing) and want to help build great products with a great team, we want to hear from you.
How you'll make a difference
- Youll take fuzzy ideas and help drive them to valued products and features for our rapidly growing customer base
- Youll directly influence the way Jellyfish products look, feel, and how people use them and youll help build standards around them
- Youll contribute to an in-house, robust design system that creates efficiency from concept to codeYoull play a part in product decision-making, working directly with customers as well as leadership from across the company
- Youll help build internal practices and processes that support the function and growth of our team
What you have
- Industry experience working as a tech/product-focused digital designer - preferably in the SaaS space
- Excellent communication skills youre able to articulate your design process, your decisions, the value of your solutions, and the constraints around them
- A great eye you can push the boundaries of visual design but you also understand the value of convention
- Experience working directly with customers to inform design decisions through research, testing, and simple conversation
- Experience shipping digital products, understanding and measuring usage, and using that information to continuously iterate and innovate
- Experience working directly with engineers throughout the process to execute on the vision of a product or feature at high quality
- A strong portfolio or equivalent demonstration of the above (we know NDA work is hard to show off publicly)
Bonus points for
- Experience designing and building a design system
- Experience working with sophisticated data in a product setting such as a machine learning, medicine, or finance
- Experience with front-end development specifically HTML/CSS/JS/React
- Experience with user analytics products like Fullstory, Pendo, Hotjar, etc
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.