Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Product Designer to join our team.
The Product Designer is responsible for providing product design and user research support to the Product Design team, including designing and specifying behaviors and patterns in product UIs, and conducting user research from formative discovery to usability testing. As a design thinker this role tackles complex design problems with the opportunity of solving for practical constraints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive product design activities for multiple industry-leading, customer-facing products available on desktop, mobile and web in the healthcare domain.
- Deeply understand the needs of the end-user and advocates for their needs, while balancing solutions with business needs and technical constraints.
- Understand the business problems we are trying to solve to translate business requirements into innovative, usable, and technically feasible workflows and user interface designs.
- Work on problems of complex and diverse scope, identifying creative alternatives to find a viable solution.
- Practice data-driven design by incorporating insights from formative user research and user feedback into designs.
- Explore design alternatives by developing artifacts to the degree of fidelity necessary to effectively collect stakeholder and user feedback.
- Collaborate with the product manager and tech lead throughout the design process as the design rationale is developed.
- Present work during product design team and scrum team reviews, providing sound research and/or citing best practices to explain the information architecture, design, and interaction decisions that form the design rationale.
- Provide copy for user interfaces.
- Leverage existing interaction patterns, and contribute new ones as needed.
- Drive projects to completion with supervision: meets deadlines, delivers on requirements, supports development.
- Deliver artifacts at the appropriate level of fidelity needed to communicate the intent of the solutionwhich could be anything from a whiteboard sketch to an interactive prototype with detailed behavior and visual specificationsto software engineering under tight deadlines.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Interaction Design or in a related discipline and 2+ years experience as an interaction designer, experience designer or a similar role.
- Experience or education in core user interface and user experience design principles and practices: Human Factors, UCD, Interaction Design, Visual Design, Information Architecture, and Data Visualization.
- Experience conducting user interviews, usability tests, heuristic evaluations, and competitive research/analysis to inform designs.
- Ability to take direction and guidance well, ask for feedback early and often, and collaborate with design team and scrum team to meet deadlines.
- Ability to ask the right questions to get the necessary information to move forward with projects.
- Solid experience with user interaction design and prototyping tools appropriate for enterprise and mobile platforms like Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, or similar.
- Demonstrated experience designing web-based, mobile, and desktop application interfaces, preferably for enterprise software.
- Team player and a curious attitude for all aspects of product development. Experience in Agile methodologies a plus.
- Healthcare experience and/or the drive and ability to learn quickly about our domain and our complex workflows.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills.
- Can work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From