Berxi is a fast-growing start-up within Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (“BHSI”). We set out to build a modern, customer-focused, digital platform to help professionals and small businesses buy and manage insurance smarter and faster – all which saves them time and money.
We’re aiming offer an experience that emphasizes performance, accessibility, and consistency – all aimed at making the insurance process simple, smart and fast for professionals. This is a unique opportunity to come in as a product design and research leader to help architect, build and innovate the experience for customers – from brand awareness through years of renewals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Product Designer, you’ll be a relentless champion of the user, representing their voice in our discovery, definition, and development process across all customer touch points, ensuring we deliver the value we’re promising. You’ll serve as the steward of the customer journey while balancing technology constraints and business goals to create designs that improve business results and wow our customers. You’ll be joining our growing Customer Experience team, partnering with our other product designer. You have the desire to grow into a design leadership role.
• Customer-obsessed mindset, able to create and deliver a customer experience across channels that will turn customers into brand champions.
• Ability to lead the end-to-end design of intuitive experiences that engage and delight – including strategy, user research, prototyping, interaction and visual design.
• Comfort shaping the customer experience across multiple channels (e.g. web, phone, email, chat, etc).
• Conduct user research to understand customers’ pain points and areas for improvement and develop enhancements based on the results/ analysis
• Take customer insights (both qualitative and quantitative), translate them into wireframes and then progress through to customer ready designs
• Create rapid iterations of visual and/or storyboard concepts (inVision, Sketch, Abstract, etc.)
• Collaborate on designs and contribute to a growing “design culture” at Berxi
• Experience creating responsive designs that work for desktop, mobile and tablet
• Knowledge of best practices and emerging trends in the design and innovation spaces
• Ability to quickly grasp goals and requirements from light specifications
• Familiarity with scrum/agile led software development
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills (both technology and non-tech stakeholders)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role or trajectory
• Online portfolio highlighting 3-4 pieces of work demonstrating your design process
• Advanced skills in product design, interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation and user research.
• A bachelor’s degree or higher
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities with a growing global organization
• A liberating, fast-paced culture, centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our business
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity, encourages innovation, and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization