Love dogs? Have an eye for design? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? Were looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Are you a design unicorn looking to join a world-class team with chops in: Research, HCD, and interaction design? Do you have a passion for building products and features from the ground up using your mad skills? Have you ever wanted to work on new and cutting-edge technology? Do you like puppies? If youve answered yes to all of these questions, it's time for you to join our mighty design team at Embark.
Were looking for fullstack UX or product designers with a balanced and battle-tested skill set to drive delightful experiences in partnership with our Product and Engineering teams. Weve got some incredible game-changing challenges for you to solve from concept to commercialization that will build the future of dog care.
First-impressions are critical, and this role will lead the charge in how we engage our customers for the very first time. You will be partnering with our Marketing and Creative team to breathe life into our brand across our ecommerce website while driving conversion best practices. You will be building net new web experiences, implementing new branding, and conducting explorations around how to deliver delight into our digital experience.
The Opportunity (The day-to-day)
- Work with stakeholders across Marketing, Creative, Product + Engineering to design solutions that will help improve the UX and drive improvement on our main KPI goals on EmbarkVet.com
- Lead desirability explorations to inform our roadmap for our eCommerce site in partnership with Product Managers
- Create beautiful, emotionally compelling, pixel-perfect mockups of the end-to-end user experience
- Demonstrate attention to detail in producing multiple iterations of your work to reach the best solution for the project
- Quickly adapt your designs based on feedback from peers and from learnings found in user testing/feature response.
- Unleash your HCD toolkit of ideation, journey mapping, user flows, etc
- Participate in design critiques and collaborate with the design team
- Capture all states, cases, and functional logic in partnership with Product and Engineering team to ensure seamless execution
- Present your research findings and design work to stakeholders
- Be a champion to delight dog breeders and pet owners
- 8+ years experience with end-to-end product design in a human-centered approach
- A kickass portfolio that demonstrates your skills across all design stages, HCD practices, visual/UI design, and research chops (especially in the web space)
- Experience with embedded teams and partnering directly with Product Management and Engineering teams to build products
- Mastery of industry-standard design tools, e.g. Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Adobe CC Suite, Invision, et al.
- Experience building landing pages and optimizing ecommerce flows for direct-to-consumer brands
- Demonstrated ability to build a research strategies, write interview guides, facilitate user studies, and utilize platforms like UserTesting.com
- Deep understanding of responsive web design and eCommerce UX design best practices
- Strong ability to conduct design audits, user flows, KPI evaluation, heuristic analysis, etc.
- Craft systematic designs that connect the dots between user needs, data, business goals, and business strategy
- Experience designing for optimization, SEO, and building and iterating on site IA
- A sharp eye for aesthetics, typography, pixel-perfect layouts, and visual design
- Exceptional visual, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to tell stories to help inspire and guide others to better solutions
- Build systems of user interfaces, including typography, layout, iconography, and motion design for software engineers to implement
What We Offer
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- 401k match
- Bonus program
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.