At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Product Design Lead UX Product Design Team
Come join the new Experience organization within GRM U.S!
Experience is here to lead the GRM U.S. Digital-First mandate and rally the organization around transforming digital connection opportunities into extraordinary experiences that position our company to win big with our customers, agents, and prospects. We will make digital our competitive advantage, keeping prices low for customers, reinvesting in market-leading growth, and becoming an admired, first-quoted carrier. We will provide the best digital quoting experience in the industry and make digital our primary channel for service and claims, delivering innovative experiences that exceed consumer and agent expectations.
About the Role:
Were looking for a Product Design Lead with awesome visual design skills to join our UX Product Design team. Youll be primarily focused on the Claims customer experience and under general direction, youll create user-centered design solutions that are used globally in our digital applications. Your work will feature ease of use, employ best-in-class interaction design, and optimize the user experience. We operate as a modern day UX practice that includes UX development, and as a part of that youll be creating the tools that drive efficiencies throughout our digital products. You'll experience a degree of autonomy you don't often see elsewhere. In this role you will work with business, technical, and product leads to understand the business vision, objectives and transformation plans to help identify opportunities for competitive advantage.
You could be a great fit for this role if you are:
- A Visual Artisan: You will lead the creation of conceptual sketches to communicate design ideas as well as detailed design specifications for the finished product. You will ensure brand standards are appropriately integrated into all final designs to deliver a consistent experience.
- An Experience Innovator: You will further the UX vision while bringing industry best practices and innovative technical solutions into the applications we support.
- A Customer Advocate: You will help identify user research needs and oversee immersive user research, concept testing, and usability testing. You will continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize solutions.
- A Natural Collaborator: You will work with multiple functions, including product owners, product designers, and developers throughout the product life cycle, seeking frequent feedback and integrating multiple considerations into your work.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelors degree and 8+ years of professional experience, including a strong background in creative direction and visual design with a high bar for quality and an impeccable attention to detail.
- A deep understanding of the pillars of design systems, including principles, components, and patterns as both a design system consumer and design system contributor.
- Demonstrated experience in UX design, prototyping, user research, and/or experiment design.
- Fluent in UX methodologies such as Agile, Design Thinking, and Lean UX.
- Expertise in UX tools such as Sketch, Axure, or other prototyping applications.
- Ability to make smart, strategic, and user-centered design decisions, while also being open to iterating continuously as needs, trends, and requirements change.
- Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate moderately complex content into user scenarios, flows and diagrams.
- Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to present projects and status reports to senior management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.