Product Data Analyst
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At VirginPulsewere passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culturehave a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
As a member of our User Research and Analytics team, you will be immersed in the science of making high-quality software and supported by the User Research and Analytics Manager. You will join a broader Product department that spans product design, content, management, and strategy. We designed our product discovery and agile development process to integrate user-centered design, user experience research, and user data analysis into our everyday project work.
We expect you to have a breadth of experience with data analysis tools and methods. Your work will focus on actionable insights that directly impact the work of product managers, designers, writers, and engineers throughout our global organization. We want you to be ready to take on meaningful, complex data analysis initiatives right from the start. Make that experience clear in your cover letter and resume if you want to stand out.
If you also have some qualitative and user research skills, thats a bonus. And well be happy to provide training to build your skills even further. Our team takes a mixed methods approach to research, and we value people who are multifaceted and passionate about learning.
At the end of the day, we want people who inspire us and keep us accountable. We believe you should be who you are and do what you say. You should be authentic and able to provide honest input while respecting different points of view. You should be a communicator who we can trust to get things done, and you should have the courage to take responsibility when things dont go as planned.
In the role of Product Data Analyst you will wear many hats, but your focus will be key in the following:
- Collaborate with product, content, data, and marketing teams to understand project goals, identify key metrics, and evaluate product quality
- Conduct A/B testing and other quantitative experiments that investigate user behavior and attitudes
- Design recurring reports and respond to ad-hoc analysis requests
- Communicate insights with persuasive visualization and storytelling that impacts product strategy and design
- Work with engineering teams to clarify product analytics requirements and use cases
- Understand the needs of diverse user groups and balance them with the goals of a fast-paced, growing business
What you bring to the team.
- Bachelors or masters degree in an analytical field, such as mathematics, statistics, data analysis, data science, computer science, or software engineering
- 1-3 years professional experience at a software company in data analysis, business intelligence, or market research
- Experience with software product data analysis, data visualization, and data storytelling
- Expertise with Excel, SQL, Tableau, and product analytics tools like Google Analytics or Mixpanel
- Familiarity with Python and/or R for data cleaning, analysis, and visualization
- Some experience working in an agile software discovery and development process
- Some experience with user interviews, usability testing, survey design, and/or other qualitative user research methods
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.