WE EXIST TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF ATHLETES AND TEAMS
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches play smart in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT USING DATA TO INFORM PRODUCT DECISIONS
We are looking for a talented Product Data Analyst whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company.
You have a broad perspective on the business impact of your work, but can zoom into the details and execute against the big picture just the same. You are familiar with the Web and App ecosystems, data schemas, tracking/measurement and statistical analysis. You have experience using cloud-based data warehousing and ETL tools, visualization software, A/B testing tools and instrumentation techniques and, as well as working on a team using Git and Agile development processes.
You have the ability to multi-task and are excited to work on projects such as the athlete mobile experience, video coaching experience and wearables tracking. You are also highly collaborative with the ability to balance several stakeholders, both technical and non as communicating data insights comes naturally to you. This means youre able to drive product decision making by clearly articulating direction and leveraging your customer centric mindset.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Conduct exploratory data analysis across disparate data sources (e.g. website/app, video usage and customer insights) to understand the performance of existing products and see opportunities for new product offerings
- Partner with product, design and engineering in an Agile environment to grow our business, including recommending and advocating for performance improvement ideas
- Play the role of Subject Matter expert within the team to ensure we are leveraging data in product decisions and that effective event tracking is in place for our continued learning
- Partner with engineering leaders as a thought leader on data warehousing, BI, instrumentation/event tracking, AB testing solutions and data governance
- Play an active role in the execution of data warehousing and ETL implementation including writing data transformation jobs and data modeling
- Define metrics to evaluate business performance, products and experiments; build reports and dashboards to monitor and understand them
- Communicate and present data analysis, visualizations, and insights to key stakeholders including executives
- Be a voice and advocate for using data to improve the quality of our decision making including evangelizing the use of BI tools and other data sources
- Value simplicity and being able to find the fastest path to deliver maximum value to our customers. This includes managing internal stakeholder expectations and balancing requests against goals
WHAT YOULL NEED
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis (experience in sports, consumer internet or SaaS product data a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, R, or other scripting language
- Ability to readily apply statistical concepts (e.g., confidence intervals, hypothesis testing, regression models)
- Proficiency in modern BI and reporting tools, such as Tableau or Looker
- Experience working with platform and/or data engineering teams
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming languages, preferably Java
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders to adopt new data-driven approaches and achieve shared business goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and self-motivated
- Comfort with ambiguity and dynamic environments
- Results-oriented mindset
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- We care about you. We offer outstanding paid maternity and paternity leave, a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether youre interested in sports or not, youll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.
More Jobs From