Product Associate, Hotels
Product Associate, Hotels
The TripAdvisor Hotels team is looking for a highly motivated Product Associate to join in our mission to create the best hotel shopping experience as we help travelers find and book the right hotel. If you are ready to bring your A game every day, read on and lets connect.
Ideal candidates for this role will have a passion for travel, a desire to identify, measure, and solve user pain points with creative solutions, and an unrelenting enthusiasm for implementing user-focused features that drive customer loyalty and bottom line growth. You should feel right at home working independently as well as working closely with product managers, developers, designers, researchers, and stakeholders to bring ideas to life. You are an innovator who understands how to get stuff done -- driving concepts from requirements to implementation to measurement and rollout.
The Product Associate will be located in our Needham, MA office. As a part of the team, youll be surrounded by talented, passionate, and fun folks who are all eagerly working together to create a delightful and assistive experience for all types of hotel shoppers.
What youll do:
- Lead product development initiatives including competitive and user research and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Serve as both product and project manager defining product specifications, establishing milestones, and managing the development, implementation, and evolution of features.
- Validate concepts and mockups through a variety of user research methods and manage the iteration of features through the research, design, and testing process.
- Craft feature specifications detailing the user problem, requirements, success metrics, risks and mitigation plan, and live site test plan.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to increasingly complex user, technical, and business problems.
- Ensure quality assurance testing is performed prior to the launch of new features; use QA to identify opportunities to improve the UX and manage process of obtaining buy-in and implementation of improvements.
- Assist in managing prioritization of enhancements and bug fixes.
- Monitor key metrics and A/B tests to support continual optimization of the product.
What were looking for:
- BA/BS Degree, May 2019 graduate preferred
- 0-2 years of related work or internship experience
- Interest in a product management career; product experience not required
- Prior internship experience in a consumer or user experience oriented environment
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate effective action plans to resolve issues.
- A/B testing experience preferred, but not required.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the user/business.
- Drive to get things done; motivated to deliver exceptional results, driven by a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated worker with entrepreneurial passion. Proven creative problem solving and innovative mindset.
- Goal orientation and demonstrated record of success in previous endeavors.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities.
- Flexible and open to change; ready to adapt working style and methods to new information.
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development and seeks feedback. Can acknowledge mistakes when relevant, learn from those mistakes and move forward productively.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect; considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Sense of humor preferred.
- Passionate about travel and an advocate for travelers and our brand.