Brightcove Inc. is a leading global provider of powerful cloud solutions for delivering and monetizing video across every connected device. The company offers a suite of products and services that reduce the complexity and increase the profitability of publishing, distributing, measuring and monetizing multi-screen video. Brightcove has thousands of customers in over 70 countries that rely on the company's cloud solutions to successfully publish high-quality video experiences to audiences everywhere.
The Procurement Director will be responsible for the Brightcove procurement process. This role will act as a true business partner across all Brightcove teams in identifying and supporting their third-party management needs. The Procurement Director will serve as a thought leader for the company for the overall procurement process, maintain oversight of the vendor landscape for the organization, and build and expand upon the existing Vendor Management program. The Director will be an integral member of the team, reporting to the Chief Legal Officer.
- Oversee relationships with vendors, suppliers, and contractors who support the company; advise Vendor Relationship Owners in the business. Facilitate the resolution of issues, ensure VROs are equipped to understand risk and responsibilities in their roles through frequent outreach, communication and training
- Manage and maintain relationships with key business leaders to understand and support their vendor needs
- Develop a strategy for leveraging suppliers of common goods or services for cost, service, and performance enhancements. Facilitate the process from identification, negotiation of commercial terms and awarding of contracts, and vendor onboarding & subsequent diligence review
- Develop and manage requests for information or proposals. Build financial and service models
- Create and implement standard processes for procurement of services for the company. Review current policies and procedures; identify, analyze, and document procurement work processes and redundancies; identify potential areas for improvement opportunities; make recommendations for process and governance improvements that align with the strategic initiatives of the company
- Participate in and partner with Legal on purchase agreements and negotiations of commercial terms for goods and services
- Work with managers and key partners to identify opportunities to leverage purchasing power
- Evaluate and update the vendor database and reporting, ensuring vendor details are kept current and insightful analytics are provided to partners and stakeholders
- Partner with Information Security, Legal, Internal Audit, SOX Team, Risk, and other stakeholders to ensure processes and procedures for diligence and assessing vendors are meeting SOX, regulatory, and internal risk standards
- Present to CEO and the executive team as needed to ensure third party risk posture is appropriate and well understood
- Summarize and report on accomplishments and performance against KPIs, tracking progress via reports for senior leadership, developing metrics and KPIs to measure team or project success.
- Act as a change management leader / influencer to mature process and ensure new processes and procedures are appropriately understood and adopted within the organization
- Stay current with developments in the industry and the third-party management practice to ensure program matures as needed
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of related work experience
- 5+ years proven procurement experience in contract negotiation and supplier management
- Experience implementing negotiation strategies and implementing cost saving initiatives
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft and GSuite software, specifically Excel data manipulation (pivot tables and charting tools)
- Ability to work in a team environment and influence internal/external partners
- Proven skills in risk-assessment and commitment to proper compliance documentation
- Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills to meet strict deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
- Adaptable, can seamlessly maintain effort and focus when priorities change
- Strong communication while interacting with a diverse internal and external customer base; maintaining confidentiality when necessary
- Positive attitude even when faced with difficult obstacles, issues or challenges
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the companys success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement, as well as unlimited PTO - and we expect you to use it!
This role is located in our Boston office which is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor. The office has an open yet focused working space layout with beautiful water views. Employees enjoy access to fully-stocked kitchens and social activities including: happy hours, trivia and movie nights, ping pong tournaments, and philanthropy events. We celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including Debate Club, Women of Brightcove, Women in Engineering, sports teams, Philanthropy Committee, Brightcove Bake Club, and many more!
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!