SimpliSafe is looking for a Procurement Analyst to support the Procurement team in leading and coordinating strategic sourcing initiatives across spend categories. Youll support strategic sourcing projects, process improvement projects, and assist with pricing and contract term negotiations. In this position, you will work to hone your Procurement acumen in an attempt to begin leading the Procurement process from kick off through contract execution.
What Youll Do:
- Support Procurement Manager with the execution of formalized strategic sourcing process, including:
- conducting market and vendor research,
- business case and ROI analysis,
- collaborate with stakeholders across various departments to develop project requirements,
- preparing and issuing thorough RFPs,
- reviewing, consolidating and scoring RFP responses
- negotiating pricing and key terms with vendors, and
- presenting data-driven recommendations to stakeholders
- Lead RFI and RFQ processes independently for assigned categories
- Support the selection and approval of suppliers to ensure an appropriate supplier base is identified who can deliver on key business needs
- Monitor procurement activity within aligned business areas to ensure that all procurement processes and procedures are consistently followed
- Analyze spend on an ongoing basis to forecast, track, and deliver against savings targets
- Support ongoing vendor management initiatives
- Work as part of a team to build a best-in-class procurement function, implementing new processes and technologies enabling the team to scale value generation
What Youll Bring:
You are a highly analytical, bottom-line oriented individual with an appetite to strengthen your business acumen. You are a self-motivated, proactive team player who exhibits good judgment. You are very organized and detailed oriented, with an interest in developing strong negotiation skills and commercial contract reviewing/drafting expertise. You are excited about saving the company money and providing value through strong supplier relationships. Other qualifications include:
- Bachelors degree required
- 2+ years' professional experience required
- Strong project/program management abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good listener; able to integrate objectives of functional leaders into sourcing requirements
- Strong ability to analyze data, produce and present reporting
- Capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritizing projects effectively in a fast-moving, ever-changing environment
- A proven performer who is motivated, focused, and enthusiastic about the opportunity to build a best in class procurement function
- Able to coordinate procurement activity across indirect category teams, engaging with stakeholders across functions
- Highest level of integrity in all his/her dealings with people inside and outside the Company, exemplifying high moral and ethical behavior
SimpliSafe is a leading home security company that is disrupting the alarm industry with its award-winning security solution and pioneering self-install model. SimpliSafe combines thoughtfully-designed technology with industry-leading professional monitoring and verification all at fair and honest prices with no long-term contracts.
In August 2018, funds affiliated with Hellman & Friedman LLC acquired the company to support SimpliSafes expansion plans. SimpliSafe has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, becoming one of the largest and fastest growing home security providers in the U.S., protecting 3 million Americans.
Throughout this expansion, the company has retained its small company ethos -- no-ego, hard-working collaborative teams focused on advancing the companys mission and making peoples lives better.