About the Company
Validity is a leading provider of data integrity and compliance solutions that tens of thousands of organizations worldwide rely on to trust their data. Validity is headquartered in Boston's Back Bay and has offices in Tampa and London. With the addition of Return Path, all the members of the Validity community will now enjoy the industry's most comprehensive technology solutions that sales and digital marketing professionals can use to target, contact, connect with and engage with customers at scale. And Return Path customers will be afforded the opportunity to acquire the Validity suite of products.
About the Role
The Privacy Specialist will join a team responsible for supporting the company-wide privacy and data security compliance programs. Reporting to the Senior Director of Privacy and Security, this role will lead key planning, development, and implementation of privacy activities across all areas of Validity.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and provide proactive thought leadership, advice, and communications to ensure privacy risk issues are identified, understood, and effectively managed;
- Build awareness of the strategic value of privacy and promote strong privacy practices;
- Prepare privacy training, communication and awareness materials. Train internal and external teams and partners on applicable privacy materials and initiatives;
- Stay abreast of the privacy regulatory landscape, determine impact on business, and disseminate relevant information to senior leadership and other internal teams;
- Assist sales, legal, and other procurement groups with drafting and reviewing data protection terms and conditions in vendor, employee and customer agreements;
- Work with product management, marketing, HR, engineering and security (etc) personnel during product development to ensure that Validitys products and services are in compliance with applicable privacy and data protection requirements;
- Implement written policies, procedures and standards of conduct regarding privacy governance;
- Develop and manage Validitys Privacy Impact Assessments (PIA) and Legitimate Interest Assessments;
- Work with internal teams on documenting and maintaining a personal data inventory and Validitys registry of processing activities;
- Monitor internal compliance against privacy policies and standards by conducting internal audits and risk assessments;
- Identify potential areas of risk and compliance vulnerability; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid and remediate similar situations in the future;
- Provide assistance to external and/or internal auditors in compliance reviews;
- Assist with the response to suspected privacy incidents and breaches;
- Respond to questions and issues raised by clients, partners, and consumers;
- Work cross-functionally to ensure Validitys external privacy notices and certifications stay accurate and current;
- Design and monitor cost-effective programs (including the evaluation of third party tools) to protect the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of Validitys product and IT infrastructure, and customer and consumer information;
- U.S. and international travel as needed.
Qualifications and Additional Attributes
- 2-5 years of similar experience in privacy, security, or compliance and risk management, ideally in a Software as a Service (SaaS) organization
- Bachelors degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of US and International data protection regulations and privacy frameworks (e.g. OECD, US-EU Privacy Shield, PIPEDA, ePrivacy directive, and GDPR, CCPA and other state privacy regulations.
- Certification(s) preferred: Certified Information Privacy Professional CIPP through the IAPP or relevant technical and/or industry certifications in a security-related curriculum.
- Be analytical and can assess situations and complex problems quickly and make decisions
- You must be a self-motivated team player with the ability to drive projects, identify and resolve legal and business issues, and earn the confidence and cooperation of your colleagues.
- High standards, impeccable integrity, unquestionable good judgment, well-honed analytical skills, and superior oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent organization skills, demonstrated sense of responsibility, and results-oriented.
- Relationship builder with the ability to inspire others around you.
- Be accountable for producing results above what is expected.
- Work independently; is effective in a fast-paced environment.
- Adapt to rapidly changing business processes and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Strong focus on the ability to interact with people at all levels, including executive management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Internet/Web-based Applications. Is proficient in the administration of security and privacy settings in the web environment.
Apply logical thinking to gathering and analyzing information, and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders and senior leadership on privacy program efforts. Suggest resolutions to potential privacy risks, and help with formulating plans to mitigate risks. Generates new ideas, takes risks, propose changes, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively.
Balances available resources and competing priorities to make sure business objectives are met; gives clear, actionable direction to privacy team and encourages and supports the professional development of the team.
Help craft a company-wide privacy program that will scale and flex with the changing privacy landscape. Consult with internal stakeholders to gain other perspectives on critical privacy issues to come up with effective goals. Set realistic and clear milestones to push the program forward. Adapts to new technologies; demonstrates required technical skills; keeps technical skills up-to-date; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity
Build customer and consumer confidence through blog posts and outreach efforts. Demonstrate commitment to customer satisfaction through a proactive approach to customer service. Assume responsibility for solving customer problems. Ensure commitments to customers are met. Solicit opinions and ideas from customers.
Gain a full understanding of Validitys product functions, ISP and partner relationships, data processing operations to ensure they meet Validitys privacy program requirements.
Establish project goals, milestones, and procedures, define roles and responsibilities, acquire project resources, coordinate projects throughout the company, monitor project progress, manage multiple projects and communicates effectively with key stakeholders.
More Jobs From