Principals Software Engineer, Clinicals Product
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Clinicals Product team in the Core Services Engineering organization. Your job will be to work on a core workflow used by doctors at the point of service - while they interact with patients. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a developer with extensive experience in designing and building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments with some experience building and using large-scale automated test infrastructure. You are an excellent communicator with the capability of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design & engineering excellence.
The Team: Our athenaClinicals – Ambulatory team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors’ workflows that is used by over 100,000 healthcare providers daily. We build the interface that makes the interactions between these providers and the electronic health record as seamless as possible, and elevates what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. We develop workflows that prioritize the doctor & patient interaction, “allowing doctors to be doctors” so that they may spend more time doing what they do best: providing patient care.
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications with the appropriate detail. Lead design and development on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate, mentor and advise team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge to act as a domain expert. Take ownership of what the team builds and oversee efforts across the team to ensure completion
- Ideally 5+ years of experience with significant software engineering skills and computer science experience
- Proficient with at least one modern programming language; relational databases, and modern UI frameworks is helpful
- We work in Agile environments, so solid Agile experience, and any CI/CD concepts is helpful
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is preferred
- Forward-looking distributed computing, and tech like WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks a plus
- Our Mission: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you crave transparency, innovation and the ability to make an impact, you’ve come to the right place. Being an athenista is all about taking initiative, questioning the norm, making things radically simple and celebrating diversity. Our 5,100+ employees work hard towards a cause that impacts every one of us, healthcare, and we take the time to celebrate company accomplishments and our people.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.