Principal UX Designer - Strategy
Principal User Experience Designer
Our products hold the shadows at bay, shielding businesses from calculated and malicious cyberattacks. Our customers rely on us for detection, prevention and remediation of security risks on the endpoint. The people we serve range from highly technical cybersecurity scientists to set-it-and-forget-it. The adversaries we fight are creative and persistent. Gauntlet, tossed.
We’re looking for a senior product designer who can straddle strategy and execution, with significant SaaS experience in inherently complex spaces. You’ll envision design concepts that advance UX and product strategy. You’ll take on complex UX challenges that cross our security platform and multiple teams. You’ll work with cross-functional teams to devise intuitive designs that are practical to deliver, utilizing your hard-earned interaction design chops to make users’ lives easier and data more secure.
Our UX team members are Agile practitioners: we move fast, learn faster, collaborate enthusiastically and lay track on process as we go. We’ve got great support from product management and software engineering, as well as executive sponsorship. Our colleagues are smart, open, and ready to work with us on taking our users’ experience to the next level.
What You’ll Do
- Make broad concepts tangible through storytelling, design concepts, and quick sketches. Work with VP UX to further develop the strategy and overall platform experience, with the aim of making customers more secure tomorrow than they were yesterday.
- Collaborate on design discovery with product management and UX leaders. Facilitate cross-functional design studios.
- Work with User Research to tap customers, stakeholders, and subject matter experts for qualitative research that refines user stories, informs design direction, and validates design decisions.
- Design flows and experiences that simplify the complex and put security best practices well within reach.
- Articulate designs with workflows, annotated wireframes, and prototypes.
- Present design alternatives with confidence, and absorb feedback with grace.
- Iterate with scrum team to ensure designs are strong and practical.
- Apply business prioritization and make reasonable trade-offs in order to meet project objectives.
- Actively contribute to a strong design culture and adherence to best practices, with a keen awareness of innovations and a willingness to mentor more junior team members.
What You’ll Bring
- 4-6 years’ experience working on complex web applications (not web sites).
- Amazing instincts on product and on human behavior.
- Ability to pick up complex technical ideas quickly.
- A love for working in ambiguity and a drive to make sense of it.
- Mastery of interaction design and information architecture.
- Excellent eye for page balance and hierarchy of content, layout and visuals.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems.
- Exceptional communication skills: compelling storytelling, clear design rationale both written and spoken, and productive discussion.
- A collaborative yen to be around designers and other colleagues and share ideas.
- Bonus points: designing in an Agile or Lean environment.
More bonus points: experience in security domain.
For serious consideration, please link to a portfolio or work samples.
What we’re interested in: your design process, techniques and methodologies; how you’ve navigated competing priorities and made tough tradeoffs; NOT merely polished or final visuals. We love to see how you tackled the design challenge from start to finish, from brainstorms, user journeys, sketches, workflows, and task analysis, to annotated wireframes, and prototypes. It’s the journey that speaks to us, not the finished product.
Who We Are
Carbon Black is the leading provider of next-generation endpoint security. Carbon Black’s Next-Generation Antivirus (NGAV) solution, Cb Defense, leverages breakthrough prevention technology, “Streaming Prevention,” to instantly see and stop cyberattacks before they execute. Cb Defense uniquely combines breakthrough prevention with market-leading detection and response into a single, lightweight agent delivered through the cloud. With more than 13 million endpoints under management, Carbon Black has more than 3,600 customers, including 30 of the Fortune 100. These customers use Carbon Black to replace legacy antivirus, lock down critical systems, hunt threats, and protect their endpoints from the most advanced cyberattacks, including non-malware attacks.
Carbon Black, Inc. is an EEO/AA employer. Carbon Black is an inclusive employer that believes in workplace equality, supports diversity, creates a welcoming environment, and respects the unique qualities each individual brings to the company.