Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a Principal User Experience Researcher to identify and define the ideal customer experience for the companys emerging digital experience platform product line. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of user experience to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
Youll be joining a talented team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-in-class applications in a fast-paced, agile, growth-oriented environment.
- Ensure a clear understanding of the goals and objectives for research projects and execute against them
- Communicate and translate research insights into actionable recommendations that inform design and implementation
- Provide thought leadership for UX, both in cross functional meetings and for more junior researchers
- Prepare study plans, moderators guides, and other artifacts related to designing and conducting studies
- Analyze, synthesize, and report the results from research studies with teams and key stakeholders
- Recruit, screen, and schedule participants matching our personas using internal contacts, customer relationships, social media, and local events
- Moderate user research, including usability studies, competitive tool analyses, and diary studies
- Refine existing personas and goal:needs decompositions to inform product and design decisions
- Partner with our UX designers to define, test, and iterate on design concepts grounded in research findings
Key Skills and Attributes
- 6+ years of experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative user research in all stages of the process (scoping, leading fieldwork, conducting in-context interviews, analysis, presenting recommendations)
- Strong understanding of User Experience principles and best practices, including: usability testing, field research, knowledge elicitation techniques, and mastery of qualitative methods
- Exceptional ability to create compelling presentations, facilitate user-sessions, and confidently convey insights through storytelling
- Ability to lead rapid, iterative, ideation and prototyping efforts across the gamut of presentation fidelities (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes)
- Self-motivated and execution-oriented. Ability to execute at a high level of quality in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Open, collaborative, team player with a passion for documenting insights and collaboratively translating user requirements into an actionable design vision
- Desire to be involved in brainstorming and iterative work, contributing and driving innovation whenever possible
- Driven to identify and acquire the specific information needed to clarify a situation, or justify how a decision improves the end-users experience
- Excellent hands-on wireframing and/or graphic design skills
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar prototyping tools
- Experience with SaaS product design and development
- Familiarity with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.