Principal Technical Writer / Information Architect
iboss is a cloud security company that provides organizations and their employees secure access to the Internet on any device, from any location, in the cloud. This eliminates the need for traditional security appliances which are ineffective at protecting a cloud-first and mobile world. Leveraging a purpose-built cloud architecture, backed by 110 patents and over 100 points of presence globally, iboss protects more than 4000 organizations worldwide.The Company is headquartered in Boston, MA, and has operations in Orlando, San Diego, London, and the Philippines.
At iboss, we believe that exceptional employees are the key to our success. Our teams are small, diverse, nimble and highly empowered to drive excellence. Come be a part of the team that will transform the way cybersecurity is delivered!
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to own all aspects of theibossuser facing product documentation. This includes leading the effort to organize,create,and maintain online help systems, user and installation guides, knowledge base articles and other customer-facing materials.
TheibossTechnical Writer will be a member of the Product Management and Development team and will work closely with our teams to understand all aspects of our product suite, with a focus on user experience.
Your goal will be to design technical documentation focusing on the needs of the customer.
- Work with Product Management and Development to document new product features with a focus on clarifying highly complex, technical information
- Information architecturedesign to bestdetermine the organization ofuser-facing materials
- Create, edit, and maintain existing product documentation
- Work with our Support and Systems Engineers to proactively address end-user documentation gaps
- Document use cases and product functionality through hands-on use of the product
- 8+years experiencecreating user documentationfor complex products
- Ability to clearly articulate complex and technical information for target audiences
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple products
- Experience working with source control
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum development organization
- Respond with flexibility to changing priorities
- Health, Vision, Dental, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability - open to domestic partners
- 401K with company match
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Company paid holidays
- Optimistic, supportive, and FUN work environment
- Fantastic quarterly company events
- Free catered lunches every Friday
- Free snacks
- Onsite gym access
The duties and responsibilities described above are essential functions of the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a veteran or as an individual with a disability.
*This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work visas