Principal Technical Writer
Our Webservices team has immediate opportunity for a Technical Writer with experience developing and maintaining developer-focused API documentation.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
You will be part of the Webservices team building, testing and documenting API endpoint functionality.
Develop YAML-formatted API definition files for swagger-based endpoint documentation and API gateway configuration.
Develop high-level conceptual and overview content for functionality and services exposed by the API.
Work directly with the Product Manager, API Support, and back-end service teams creating use cases that demonstrate how to best leverage our APIs to provide real-world solutions and customer value.
Generate valid code samples for API calls and use case examples.
Maintain documentation for earlier API versions.
Working with stakeholders, develop an understanding of Constant Contact Technology partner needs, and how best to address them using documentation and developer portal self-service workflows.
Provide usability input on developer portal functionality.
Meet w/API Support on a regular basis to gain insight into api usage and the issues developers experience when using our APIs..
Seek to improve documentation tools and processes, including automating doc generation and testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage and juggle tasks with competing priorities.
- 5+ years professional technical writing experience.
- 3+ years writing developer-focused API documentation.
- Demonstrated experience documenting RESTful APIs for developers and integrators.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Open API Specification (OAS)-compliant API definition files - swagger, etc.
- Ability to read and understand a coding or scripting language.
- Experience working in an Agile environment on scrum teams.
- Ability to create and size writing tasks as part of sprint planning.
- Experience using Github or other version controls systems.
- Experience using Jekyll or other static web site generators.