Principal Technical Program Manager
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our team is creating the science and technology behind Alexa's machine learning platform. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history. Come join our team! You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge product used every day by people you know.
We are looking for a senior technical program manager manager to lead development initiatives related to privacy, security and policy enforcement for the spoken language understanding technology that powers the Alexa voice experience. In this role:
· You will build a world-class program processes that drive both core technology improvements and innovation in different dimensions of the voice experience;
· You will use perceptive insights on business and customer requirements to drive vision and planning for the organization as a whole;
· You will dive deep into our architecture and systems and learn about the machine learning technologies and feedback loops that power the Alexa experience and create initiatives for technology innovation and continuous improvement;
· You will work closely with usage data, business development, legal and policy organizations to improve our data privacy and policy enforcement controls for customers;
· You will drive improvements in the science and engineering lifecycle to accelerate our ability to deliver ground-breaking innovation across a rapidly increasing number of customers, platforms and experiences;
· You will engage on a regular and frequent basis with Senior Executive teams on product status, risks and strategy.
· Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader/manager with superior analytical abilities and product judgment. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. The candidate is not just a policy maker/spokesperson but drives to get things done. At the core of the position is delivery. The ideal candidate will have 10 or more years of relevant work experience in internet-related project and/or technical product management in a software applications environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience defining projects, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features, as well as analyzing the cost/benefit of feature selection and communicating results throughout the organization.
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or scientific discipline, or equivalent experience
· 10+ years working in software product development, including hands-on experience of large scale releases, web service technologies and object-oriented programming languages
· 10+ years managing release schedules and process innovations for Agile development teams
· 7+ years communicating vision and strategy to executive (C-level) stakeholders while also diving into detail to make rapid decisions and bring issues to resolution.
· Experience working directly with machine learning technologies, statistical systems or big data platforms
· Experience driving programs related to consumer privacy or policy enforcement for research science, data science disciplines
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.