Principal Systems Test Engineer (Electromechanical)
Imagine the future you could help us build.
Teamwork, not just tech work. We are tech futurists and business geniuses. Together, we solve problems to make daily life easier. We are looking for a few more great minds to join our team as we continue to grow one of the world's leading consumer robot companies.
Together, we empower people to do more.
iRobot Corporation, with a mission of “empowering people to do more”, is at the forefront of the development of robotics and artificial intelligence technologies. iRobot has become one of the world’s preeminent specialist designers and builders of consumer robots.
iRobot invests in the development and growth of its people, in a culture of empowerment, innovation and fun. Come work with some of the most talented and influential people in the robotics field utilizing cutting edge technologies, in an exciting, fast-growing industry!
As a part of Product Development, you will work with the other Lead Engineers and Program Manager on a project to develop risk driven test plans that align with the program schedule, goals, and budget.
You will lead a small (2-7) team of Test Engineers, Test Technicians, and/or interns through execution of these test plans. Your responsibilities include documenting and tracking all system test information, issues, results, and statuses. You should possess sufficient technical depth to troubleshoot complex cross functional problems, determine root cause, corrective action, document findings and drive system issues to closure. You will also develop and document test methods, procedures, and/or test results that have cross functional and/or cross product applicability.
Essential Functions/Job Duties:
- Lead/support development, maintenance, and communication of technical risk analyses.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate test plans and statuses.
- Coordinate program planning and prioritization with other project leads (Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, and Program Manager).
- Lead a small team executing test plans.
- Coordinate testing with shared resources (in-house and external).
- Lead cross-functional root cause and corrective action activities.
- Develop test methods, procedures, and/or test fixtures as needed.
- Support transition to manufacturing locally and at Contract Manufacturer (US and China).
- 10-15 years of experience in product development and product level testing.
- 3-5 years of experience leading product level testing (planning, execution, and reporting).
- BS in engineering.
- Experience developing electro-mechanical systems that contain complex software behaviors.
- Adept at summarizing and presenting complex test data and test status in an informative and easily understood manner.
- Proven ability to build consensus, drive effective decisions, and manage conflict around those decisions.
- Advanced in Engineering.
- Experience testing consumer vacuum and/or robotic products.
- Solid background in statistical analysis of test results.
- Significant experience with data acquisition as well as processing and analysis software.
- Experience testing various sensor technologies typically found in SLAM (Simultaneous Localization and Mapping) applications (LIDAR, sonar, cameras, etc.).
iRobot is an Equal Opportunity Employer.