Office Tour Photos
Were not your traditional tech company and we dont aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. Thats why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Principal Software Engineer in Test to help re-define and implement our mobile quality strategy. We have hundreds of engineers building restaurant features, and our mobile and SaaS technologies need to work reliably and seamlessly, as the platform scales. We need your help to unlock the full potential of Android, and explore the next generation of restaurant technology.
About this roll*:
- Develop an expert understanding of the architecture of Toasts mobile products, with a view to enable testability.
- Outline and implement a test automation strategy for our mobile products, with a focus on Android.
- Innovate the mobile test automation space, coming up with durable and robust test solutions that enable Toasts phenomenal growth.
- Partner with the engineering tools team to integrate test automation with best in class build pipelines, leading to quicker releases with impeccable quality.
- Partner with other technical and product leaders on best practices in quality and test automation.
- Provide technical guidance and leadership support to a team of developers and quality engineers.
- Research and define best practices and standards, through interaction with the Android engineering community.
- Maintain awareness of test execution touch-points across products and services.
- Be a strong internal and external advocate for quality, with strong global business impact across Toast R&D.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experience with mobile build tools and integrating mobile & web testing tools like Appium and Espresso, with CI/CD pipelines
- Hands on as an engineer, with expertise in languages like Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with quality challenges and resolution strategies in the Android ecosystem
- Ability to gather and communicate technical requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven track record of building partnerships across engineering, product, customer success, and other stakeholders.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and learning
*Bread puns not required but it helps!
More Jobs From