Office Tour Photos
Chewy is growing! Were looking for a strong Principal Engineer to join our team in Boston, MA. Chewy is THE go-to online shopping destination for all things pet and we are continuously striving to delight pet parents with a seamless experience across our platforms.
Are you inspired by innovation? Is complex problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and youll fit right in here at Chewy Storefront Platforms team. We are a smart team of doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in cloud computing and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customer experiences in ways we cant even imagine yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Chewy Storefront Platforms, we will give you the tools and support your need to innovate with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Chewy Storefront Platforms department is seeking a talented and motivated Principal Engineer within our Discover and Engage division. As a Principal Engineer, you will lead in innovating, designing, building services and frameworks that enable Chewy.com provide solutions to several business and technology initiatives. Delivering reliable and high-performance services and features at Chewys scale requires technical leaders with extraordinary expertise and boundless creativity. At Chewy, Principal Engineers are constantly innovating, developing frameworks, establishing governance and defining the architecture for our next generation platforms. They understand our business goals, collaborate with other leaders, innovate rapidly, delivering high-quality and high-value functionality.
What does it take to thrive as a Principal Engineer at Chewy? You need to be innovative, creative, responsible, and curious while leading a team of engineers to move quickly to deliver results for our customers. Youre excited about designing and implementing solutions that scale and engage customers to understand whats needed to meet their needs. Youre able to think about platforms, architecture, design principles, understand operational implications, and lead us in evolving our service architecture in the course of a single conversation. Youre looking work with engineering leadership and mentor a team of bright, capable engineers to implement your vision.
What You'll Do
- Design, develop and implement large scale distributed systems with large volumes of data focusing on scalability, latency and fault tolerance.
- Bring an expert understanding of the systems, their dependencies, have the ability to forecast and mitigate challenges every effectively
- Hold a high bar for the quality of the architecture and design of systems. You have the innate ability to keep it simple too
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development
- Work with a team of highly skilled engineers, developing and enabling highly scalable platforms to power our e-commerce ecosystem
- Be the expert when it comes to design principles, service-oriented architecture and developing applications of scale in the cloud while maintaining knowledge on industry innovations, trends and practices
- Set engineering excellence to the team and have the drive to focus on scalability, resiliency, high availability & performance of applications
- Actively mentor engineers, build and foster a strong engineering team culture and be a key contributor in raising the bar of the engineering org
- Generate and analyze engineering metrics to inform leadership in making data driven decisions
- Champion quality initiatives and best practices to enable the team to continue to develop high quality, maintainable, and performant code
- Effectively communicate with and influence key stakeholders across the enterprise, at all levels of the organization
- Display excellent verbal and written communication and be able to convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner, particularly written communications
What You'll Need
- Exceptional leadership, communication skills
- 15+ years of industry work experience
- 10+ years of experience leading and developing large scale projects and initiatives
- 10+ years of software engineering experience with Java
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diverse, talented team
- Strong expert experience in cloud native technology stack (AWS) and service-oriented architecture
- Clear understanding of emerging technologies and ability to apply those principles in solving critical business needs
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another related field
- Position may require travel
- Strong engineering background building products that are e-commerce scale
- Prior roles in e-commerce or in technology companies
- Experience working with AWS technologies
- Experience in building high performance systems
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact [email protected].
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].
More Jobs From