Principal Software Engineer, Platform
Were reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The vision behind the game.
Were growing rapidly. As a Principal Software Engineer at DraftKings, youll be a leader within the organization, delivering highly scalable software systems and collaboratively setting the direction of your team. This isnt just a technical role, though. You will have the opportunity to develop the talented engineers on your team and help them achieve their own potential.
What youll do as a Principal Software Engineer:
- You will solve our most challenging technical problems.
- Design and code critical aspect of our platform.
- Develop the technical roadmap for a technology, platform, or domain.
- Act as a mentor for your talented team of engineers who look to you for guidance through design reviews and casual lunch and learns on technical topics.
- You will also establish strategies and approaches that help your team produce scalable and fault-tolerant systems to solve business needs
What skills you will use:
- You have experience and expertise in building scalable, fault-tolerant systems.
- A history of developing strong relationships with business partners.
- You have exceptional object-oriented programming skills with a modern OO language like C# or Java (we use C#).
- Strong relational database design skills paired with ability to craft SQL that can access that database in a safe way we use Amazons Aurora variant of MySQL.
- You will also have a strong understating of unit and automation testing.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.