Our Principal Software Engineer leads motion planning software architecture, design, implementation strategy, and code reviews. Partnering with motion planning research scientists to bring algorithms from concept to prototype and deployment in the real world at scale. Work in a complex and growing system where new features are being added and evaluated rapidly.
The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Use your deep software development expertise to teach others better software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for the motion planning and decision-making modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such localization, control, and perception.
- Collaborate with motion planning research scientists on cutting edge algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Show initiative and be a lead team member in our innovative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where cooperative teamwork is the norm.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science or relevant field.
- 6-12+ years of software development experience.
- C++ (i.e. C++11, C++14, C++17) development experience in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software engineering principles including software design, source control management, build processes, code reviews, testing methods.
- Experience in safety-critical applications and hard real-time constraints.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and creative thinking.