We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Be part of a groundbreaking company.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer/Architect with significant technical experience designing native applications for iOS and Android using the Xamarin cross-platform framework. You will be the technical architect and lead engineer of our mobile Sportsbook and Casino product.
The functionality you will work on is foundational to our user experience. You will have the opportunity to work with complex systems that support end user behavior. Building new capabilities that are at the center of our regulatory compliance driven functionality, and meet the needs of our rapidly expanding jurisdictional presence
What youll do as a Principal Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy and design pattern standards of DraftKings Sportsbook and Casino iOS and Android applications.
- Ship native applications that are compliant with industry regulations, provide a stable and secure user experience, and are scalable to millions of users and a high volume of real-time data.
- Be a technical mentor to our Sportsbook mobile engineers and lead design sessions, ensuring the team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the mission of DraftKings Engineering.
- Look for ways to improve developer efficiency, and ultimately, developer happiness.
- Identify gaps in our implementations and advocate for work that will fill those gaps.
- Investigate suitability of new technologies, occasionally building proofs of concept as demonstrators.
What skills you will use:
- Expertise in mobile application development (7+ years).
- Experience with the Xamarin/.NET or other (React Native, Flutter, etc) cross-platform native framework.
- Experience in planning, delivering, and managing native features, workflows, and products.
- Expertise in mobile application development, Agile development and SDLC, and mobile app release processes.
- Ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the application.
- Familiarity with AWS based services and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automation.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.