DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. Its simple, at DraftKings, we believe lifes more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, were committed to responsibly creating the worlds favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer/Architect with significant technical experience designing high-performance distributed systems. You will be the technical architect and lead engineer of a division, involving both frontend and backend development on a primarily .NET stack, with ReactJS, Xamarin, iOS and Android frontends.
The functionality you will work on is foundational to our user experience. You will have the opportunity to work with complex systems that support end user behavior. Building new capabilities that are at the center of our regulatory compliance driven functionality, and meet the needs of our rapidly expanding jurisdictional presence.
What youll do as a Principal Software Engineer
- Take ownership of the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy and design pattern standards of Marketing Platform.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of projects and strategic initiatives, with a specific focus on solutions that are compliant, secure, stable, and scalable.
- Mentor and lead design sessions, ensuring that Marketing Platform engineers deliver high-quality work that aligns with the mission of DraftKings Engineering.
- Identify gaps in our implementations, propose the creation of new services or combining existing services.
- Investigate suitability of new technologies, occasionally building proofs of concepts as demonstrators.
- Look for ways to improve developer efficiency, and ultimately, developer happiness. Lead by example to learn, educate and promote in a collaborative manner to help the engineering team continually develop.
What skills you will use:
- Expertise in .NET/C# development (7+ years). Experience creating and maintaining performant, secure, and resilient APIs.
- Evangelize good design, and influence teams to build APIs following industry standards.
- Experience in planning, delivering, and managing complex microservice-oriented features, workflows, and products.
- Expertise in large scale distributed systems development, using Agile and modern release processes.
- Familiarity with AWS based services and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automation.
- Deep Experience in design of high performance data systems on top of both relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with best practices in Advertising Technology and Marketing Technology.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and were great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of techs most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
Were proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. Well never discriminate against anyones background or creed. If youre good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.