We are DraftKings.
Were inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building whats next, and continuously reinventing the industry. Were a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Be part of a groundbreaking company.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer/Architect with significant technical experience designing high-performance distributed systems. You will be the technical architect and lead engineer of a division, involving both frontend and backend development on a primarily .NET stack, with ReactJS, Xamarin, iOS and Android frontends.
The functionality you will work on is foundational to our user experience. You will have the opportunity to work with complex systems that support end user behavior. Building new capabilities that are at the center of our regulatory compliance driven functionality, and meet the needs of our rapidly expanding jurisdictional presence.
What youll do as a Principal Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy and design pattern standards of Marketing Platform.
- Contribute to the architecture and design of projects and strategic initiatives, with a specific focus on solutions that are compliant, secure, stable, and scalable.
- Mentor and lead design sessions, ensuring that Marketing Platform engineers deliver high-quality work that aligns with the mission of DraftKings Engineering.
- Identify gaps in our implementations, propose the creation of new services or combining existing services.
- Investigate suitability of new technologies, occasionally building proofs of concepts as demonstrators.
- Look for ways to improve developer efficiency, and ultimately, developer happiness. Lead by example to learn, educate and promote in a collaborative manner to help the engineering team continually develop.
What skills you will use:
- Expertise in .NET/C# development (7+ years). Experience creating and maintaining performant, secure, and resilient APIs.
- Evangelize good design, and influence teams to build APIs following industry standards.
- Experience in planning, delivering, and managing complex microservice-oriented features, workflows, and products.
- Expertise in large scale distributed systems development, using Agile and modern release processes.
- Familiarity with AWS based services and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automation.
- Deep Experience in design of high performance data systems on top of both relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with best practices in Advertising Technology and Marketing Technology.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build whats next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.