Principal Software Engineer - Java, Cloud, Web Services
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Senior Principal Software Engineer on our Dell Boomi team.
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
Dell Boomi is expanding our team with our newest location in Cambridge, MA.
We are the recognized leader for the fourth year in a row in iPaas, disciplined agile, and lean software development practices, we combine a Silicon Valley culture, modern development approach, and infrastructure with the organizations’ core expertise and values. Our cloud-native platform and suite of tools drive software innovation for many of the world’s most admired brands, helping customers move at start-up speeds and with greater business agility. We optimize for change and teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions.
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the fourth year in a row in the Gartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Our award-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more at www.boomi.com
Our methodology is about continuous improvement, in both development and innovation, and our culture is empowering. Our 500+ employees worldwide subscribe to a culture of collaboration. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world integrates solutions.
At Dell Boomi, we transform how the world performs application integrations, and we are opinionated about how software should be built. We work hard to deliver powerful, intuitive capabilities so customers can drastically accelerate their time to value. Our engineers work in an agile environment on small teams, but feel empowered to collaborate with the entire organization.
We believe in working at a sustainable pace – you’ll typically code hard for 8 hours each day, but then you’re off work to relax, recharge, and refocus. Twice a year we switch gears and get working on Project Greenlight. A week-long Hack-a-Thon where Boomi engineers work on innovative projects of their own design with awards ranging from “Most Innovative” to “Most Likely to be Released to Production”. If you can imagine it, then you can build it.
The Principal Software Engineer love shipping features, but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run and you get antsy writing code without tests, or perhaps you’re a large-scale system operator interested in leveling-up your coding skills. You refuse to take short-cuts and are vocal when you see a better way to solve a problem. Either way, you judge your success by the success of your team; you are interested in learning about integration platform as a service (iPaas) and you are excited to work collaboratively on cutting edge technology. In the end, you understand that it’s not about delivering code, but about delivering solutions.
• Be a key part of the full product development lifecycle of software applications offered by Boomi
• Investigate and resolve complex customer issues
• Responsible for design, development and unit testing of the Boomi products including enhancements and/or resolution of any issues that may be reported
• Recommend best practices and techniques to customers
• Research, validate and recommend key technology decisions for the core platform and other customer facing offerings
• Mentoring of other Boomi engineers, including design collaboration and code reviews
• Be an active member of an Agile team, collaboratively realizing features through development, test, and delivery
• Work independently with a moderate level of guidance from engineering management
• Minimum of 8-10 years of commercial experience in software development using the Java programming language including the use of some IDE with a solid understanding of object oriented design concepts for delivering and maintaining a software product
• Experience in architecting and implementing highly scalable, high throughput web applications and backend systems
• Technical understanding of SQL, JDBC, XML, Servlets, and Hibernate
• Knowledge of SOA concepts is required
• Technical understanding of Web Services technologies including REST, SOAP and WSDL is required
• Exposure to mature development processes including use of source code control systems like Git is required
• Bachelors or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Knowledge of RIA technologies, especially GWT is a plus
• Knowledge of Agile development methodology is a plus
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix environments is a plus
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Work experience with an enterprise software or web company is important
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind:
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.