Liberty Mutual Insurance: Principal Software Engineer, Global Projects
Principal Software Developer, Global Projects-102631
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
If youre a technical leader who wants to develop products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As a Principal Developer you will focus on System of Engagement solution development for GRM global markets. The insurance industry is exciting and complex, and we need a passionate, analytical technology professional to help our teams navigate through those challenges. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue our agile and cloud enabled transformational journey. This role will require international travel that may include Europe, South America, and Asia. On average, developers travel 1-2 times a year, one week per trip. Travel does not exceed 4 times a year.
In this role, you would:
- Develops maintainable/scalable, effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards
- Conducts unit test case development
- Develops highly complex test scripts
- Conducts impact analysis
- Develops component design
- Develops system/application architecture
- Supports the production support transition and implementation phases; responsible for overall success of the project.
- Works within Agile to lead iterative development that delivers a high quality product.
- Supports interactions with customers and development team to gather and define requirements.
- Develops and leads the production of support documentation.
- Leads functional/system integration testing support.
- Leads quality assurance architecture and design guide review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners.
- Plans work out appropriately, effectively communicates and responds to escalations/inquiries.
- Develops Build and Deployment guide.
- Identify and implements appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Generally a minimum of 8 years related experience.
- Proficiency with below areas are a must:
- Object-oriented programming
- Responsive Web Design
- Web development (React, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS, NodeJS, Spring Boot, Restful service)
- Single Page Applications
- Digital / Direct / Omnichannel and Digital Marketing
- Real Time Eventing
- Customer journey optimization
- Exposure in the following areas would be nice to have:
- Native Mobile (iOS and Android)
- Mobile Telematics Application
- Play! Framework
- Microservice implementation
- CI/CD pipeline
- Machine learning, AI, Robotic Process Automation, OCR, NL
Benefits & Culture:
In GRM Global Markets, we embrace all of the values of our Fortune 100 company and push our practices and technology skill sets to the next level. In this organization, we are an agile set of teams dedicated to helping impact the lives of thousands of customers every day. We embrace a modern co-working style with exceptional work/life balance, ergonomic work areas, substantial benefits, and best-in-class amenities.
Liberty Mutual is one of America's Best Employers for Diversity and one of the Best Employers for Women http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesToWorkforWomen one of the Best Employers for New Grads http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacesforNewGrads and one of the Best Places to Work http://bit.ly/LibertyMutual-BestPlacestoWork . We offer excellent benefits for our employees including generous parental leave, retirement plans including 401k and pension, education reimbursement, commuter benefits, college savings plans, and much more.
To learn more about our benefit offerings and culture please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in its business, or by its vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more innovative products and services for our customers. Learn More:
More Jobs From
Solutions Engineer - Service Platform, Direct Service & Claims
November 1, 2019