Office Tour Photos
Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Foundations team at CarGurus is looking for a skilled Principal Software Engineer to help us improve overall engineering performance through architectural improvements, engineering tooling, and developing core frameworks. These projects are complex and challenging and provide the opportunity to work with sophisticated tools and technologies.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to learn and adapt quickly and collaborate with other engineers to deliver solutions. Potential project opportunities: creating new micro-services, improving backend/UI performance, re-architecting core components and building developer tools. You will own your projects and collaborate with fellow engineers and product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
What you will do:
- Provide technical and architectural leadership
- Collaborate with engineers and managers across the organization to understand and solve technical challenges
- Document requirements and design for different audiences
- Lead teams of fellow engineers including mentorship of new teammates
- Continuously learn and expand your capabilities
Who You Are:
- Experience architecting performant large scale web applications and knowledge of modern technologies that enable them.
- Expert in OOD and strong background in Java
- Leader in full-stack performance, data modeling/management, and web tier technologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Curious and plays well with others
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI, Dublin, IE, and London, UK. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Individuals seeking employment at CarGurus are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
More Jobs From