Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer, Distributed Systems (Cloud) for our Lexington, MA office.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of our cloud platform development team focused on building foundational capabilities for Imprivatas applications to deliver security, identity management, multifactor authentication, and workflows for Imprivatas healthcare security product set. This team and the role is at the front and center of our most visible & strategically important product roadmaps. The cloud platform team is bringing new capabilities to our fastest growing product lines which includes electronic prescription of controlled substances (EPCS), medical device integrations, EMR integrations, and other clinically oriented strong multi-factor authentication workflows.
Role & Responsibilities
- Play a lead role in the architecture, design and implementation of our highly scalable & reliable cloud platform and SaaS solutions, with end-to-end responsibilities for developing and maintaining key aspects of the technology base.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Release Delivery, Customer Support and other groups towards developing most optimal solutions and troubleshooting issues.
- Communicate/coordinate with applications teams and mentor junior engineers
- Advocate for modern agile software development practices that deliver high quality code: continuous integration, test, deployment practices and tool sets
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related field, and 10+ years of relevant work experience
- A proven ability to learn and adapt to new, complex development environments with deep dive analytical skills
- 4+ years experience building distributed highly scalable hosted (SaaS) solutions preferably in AWS
- Proficient with Java and JVM
- Proficiency with Relational and non-relational (aka NoSQL) data stores
- Scala & SBT
- Akka/Reactive programming
- Cryptography, security, and data privacy
- Experience developing for Continuous Deployment on AWS, GCP or similar
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From