Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Developer Experience team at CarGurus is looking for a skilled Principal Software Engineer to help us improve overall engineering performance through architectural improvements, engineering tooling, and developing core frameworks. These projects are complex and challenging and provide the opportunity to work with sophisticated tools and technologies.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to learn and adapt quickly and collaborate with other engineers to deliver solutions. Potential project opportunities: creating new microservices, improving backend/UI performance, re-architecting core components and building developer tools to improve the developer experience. You will own your projects and collaborate with fellow engineers and product partners as you solve interesting problems with a global impact. And no, you do not need to know about cars to work here.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the technical direction and architectural vision
- Collaborate with engineers and managers across the organization to understand and solve technical challenges
- Work with Java, Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes, and other technologies to improve the architecture at CarGurus
- Advance and promote software engineering best practices and processes
- Continuously assess and evolve technology and core components.
Who You Are:
- Experience architecting performant large scale web applications and knowledge of modern technologies that enable them
- Extensive hands-on software design and development experience
- Curious and plays well with others
- Eager to learn and expand your capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.