Office Tour Photos
Principal Software Engineer (Back Office)
Carteras Back Office team is seeking a Principal Software Engineer.
Cartera partners with major airlines and banks to provide loyalty programs to reward their customers. Carteras Back Office team provides data processing applications for Carteras platform using a variety of Java based technologies.
This software development position requires versatility, flexibility, and attention to detail. It includes the design, development, and support of both new and existing platform features, as well as working closely with the Product Management, QA, and Operations teams to ensure delivery of quality software.
The Principal Software Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Design and implement high performance data processing, analytics and feed processing applications.
- Work closely with Product and Dev Managers to define and refine the product requirements.
- Work closely with Operations teams towards production monitoring and support activities on existing and new applications.
- Develop supporting integration and unit tests and collaborate with QA teams to ensure proper test coverage.
- Contribute towards product releases, sprint planning, and code reviews in a dynamic engineering environment.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in the design, development, documentation, and deployment of high performance, high availability applications using Java, Spring or REST APIs.
- 4+ years of experience designing applications and schemas utilizing relational databases such as MySQL.
- Technical leadership experience.
- Experience in working with complex data sets.
- Experience working on Linux.
- Familiar with source code control management systems, including branching and merging of code.
- Strong foundational computer science skills, such as OS, networking, databases, REST.
- Strong understanding of and experience with all stages of software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, verification, deployment, and sustainment.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, written, and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task, prioritize, and problem solve.
- Solid organizational and analytical skills.
- Minimum of BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with financial data processing systems.
- Experience with middleware technologies like RabbitMQ, Kafka, Apache Camel, Mule, Spring, or Java EE.
- Experience working in Amazon AWS.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum development methodologies.
- Experience with Maven and Ant build processes and continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience with scripting languages like Python, PHP is a plus.
- Be willing to dress up for Halloween.
At Cartera Commerce, our employees are our most valuable assets they are Cartera. We want you to succeed and go far here. Our dynamic environment lets you be you, while still collaborating toward team success. We want fun, proactive, high-energy individuals to join us in making people happy. Cartera Commerce offers competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and dental insurance, matching 401(k), company-paid holidays, and five weeks of paid time off per year.
At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing
More Jobs From