Office Tour Photos
Who We Are: One Door provides leading retailers with Merchandising Cloud, the industry’s leading SaaS application for in-store merchandising execution. Merchandising Cloud enables retailers to improve collaboration, localize their merchandising, and simplify the associate experience. The Principal Software Engineer contributes to the architectural design and development of enterprise scale web applications. This is a senior level full-stack position that will design, develop, investigate problem areas, and develop software solutions to ensure the highest reliability, performance, and user engagement. One Door is leveraging Ruby-on-Rails and other open-source technologies and we’re always seeking highly skilled engineers to be part of this awesome experience. At One Door, technology is valued as a differentiator and as a key component of our success. We strive to improve ourselves by improving the code base, sharing ideas and knowledge, and delivering an amazing customer experience. Check us out at www.onedoor.com!
You’ll Work On:
- Architecting, designing, and developing software solutions using best practices.
- Analyzing user needs and scoping out the technical and functional requirements to develop the software architecture to meet those needs.
- Specifying technical solutions in clear and concisely written documentation.
- Leading engineering team members by ensuring engineers understand the strategy and vision.
- Developing, writing, and updating technical documentation.
- Developing, enhancing, and maintaining software using Ruby-on-Rails and other open source web technologies that is reliable, performs well, and delivers a high level of client engagement for new and existing products.
- Creating automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- Contributing as a senior level developer to support software projects providing a high level of technical expertise and product knowledge in developing code and troubleshooting issues.
- Maintaining a high level of product and technology knowledge to serve as the "subject matter expert" on the Company's application software. May represent the Company to clients and external partners as the technical expert for the engineering team.
- Investigating and recommending new technologies, processes, and techniques to enhance the Company's software applications and/or help to scale user applications. Assisting with implementing these new technologies, as requested.
- Mentoring and assisting other engineering team members in both technology and technique.
- 8+ years related experience architecting, designing, and developing enterprise scale web applications using open source technologies.
- Expert level knowledge of Ruby-on-Rails.
- Exposure to mobile web, hybrid and/or native mobile application development is a plus.
- Proven experience working in with agile software development methodologies and key best practices.
- Expert level knowledge of Git and relevant unit test frameworks.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in computer science, engineering or related discipline is required.
Perks & Benefits: Competitive benefits and compensation, biweekly engineering improvement days as well as an annual hackathon for professional & personal development, paid parental leave, 401K, a company contribution for commuter expenses, free Hubway membership, and a great office a few minutes’ walk from South Station smack-dab in Boston’s Fort Point Channel, a tremendous amount of responsibility and collaboration, wicked awesome co-workers, Thirsty Thursdays, a fully stocked kitchen, fun company outings, and more.
One Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, as One Door does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.