OM1 is on a mission to improve health outcomes by unlocking the power of data. We are a healthcare data and technology company focused real world clinical data and outcomes, accelerating medical research and personalizing healthcare. Our interdisciplinary team uses expertise in medicine, software, Big Data, machine learning, public health and mathematics to transform records from a diverse set of sources into enriched, research grade data which allows us to generate unique insights in a variety of disease areas.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our Data Pipeline team. The ideal candidate is a smart, creative, and curious analytical thinker who raises the standard of the other Engineers on the team.
- Build and operate the core of OM1s Big Data Pipeline that integrates very large volumes of healthcare data to generate deep insight about diseases, providers and treatments
- Help establish the technical vision for teams implementation of the core services of the data pipeline
- Be the lead Engineer on core strategic platform initiatives
- Working in an agile (scrum) environment with continuous delivery
- Collaborate with Team Leads, Engineers, and Architects to provide ideas and improvements to the services of the data pipeline
- Translate business requirements into clear technical stories that break down work into incremental deliveries
- Train and mentor junior engineers through pairing on problems and providing actionable feedback through code reviews and other sessions
- Experience working with Scala, Python, Snowflake (SQL), and Docker.
- Knowledge of building and operating software in AWS
- Comfortable working in an agile (scrum) environment with continuous delivery
- Comfort translating business requirements into clear technical stories that break down work into incremental deliveries
- Willingness to dive deep with our product, research, and data science teams to deeply understand our data and its uses
- Good technical judgement, knowing how and when to balance short term deliverables with long term investment
- A CS degree or equivalent and industry experience
- Experience working on systems with strong regulatory, security, and privacy requirements
OM1 is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, race, veteran or disability status. At OM1 ensuring that people feel respected, valued, and included is essential to our success. We are committed to working together to provide a work environment that embraces the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Direct applicants only - No agencies