At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. Thats why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, youll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDGs Insider Pro and Computerworlds 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of Americas Best Employers for Women and one of Americas Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of Americas Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veterans status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
About the Job:
We are seeking a Principal .NET Software Engineer to join a talented agile team focused on delivery for our Auto Model Rebuild 3 Program (AMR 3). AMR 3 is a strategic pricing initiative for the auto line of business designed to refresh the pricing and underwriting model, offer product enhancements, and modernize technology where it makes sense.
Youll have the opportunity to work in an agile scrum environment and collaborate closely with other engineers, a Product Owner, Scrum Master and Solutions Engineers. Overall, youll be able to collaborate with 4 squads that are determined to deliver on this high-priority program!
If youre a curious learner who has a penchant for getting things done, thrives on solving challenging technical problems, and enjoy working on high-visibility business solutions, we want you to join our tech team!
Preferred Qualifications and Experience include:
- Strong Object-oriented development experience using .Net/C# and Java development platforms / languages
- Experience with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Bitbucket, Jira, CloudForge)
- Experience driving platform modernization initiatives, cloud deployment and technologies
- Familiarity with version control systems (GIT preferred)
- Full-stack skills (Client, Service API, DBMS)
- Proficient with relational (SQL) database platforms
- Matured programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment. Scrum is preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Generally, 8+ years of professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
- Ability to research new best practices in development and current on latest trends
- Creative thinking and high attention to detail
- Extensive consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
- Proficient in negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Demonstrated curiosity in new and emerging technologies
- Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes
- Thorough understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, and incremental delivery
- Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required