Principal Software Engineer (Liaison International, LLC; Watertown, Massachusetts) (multiple positions):
As a senior technical member of the Software Engineering team, the Principal Software Engineer is responsible for building innovative software solutions to accelerate delivery of new products to market. The candidate will have demonstrable competence to single-handedly design, develop, and deliver full lifecycle software solutions, initial concept to production, utilizing best in class software development methodologies, frameworks, and industry standard practices.
The Principal Software Engineer is also accountable for ensuring that the software solutions delivered are functionally complete, meet or exceed standards for quality, and are highly secure and scalable to business needs. Remote work/telecommuting is permitted.
Specific job duties include:
- Collaborate with product management to review priorities for new feature development, validate requirements, and feature dependencies to shape new product features and platform capabilities;
- Co-lead design discussions and feature grooming sessions with product development teams to estimate technical tasks and to sequence development work for Sprint planning;
- Partner with other engineers on the team to create prototypes or proof of concept solutions to validate nonfunctional requirements and to validate technical solutions/third-party solutions;
- Author technical design documents to illustrate that the proposed implementation is in alignment with our architectural and development standards and is in fact the best fit solution for the need;
- Provide technical oversight as needed and assist with timely completion of design, code reviews, defect triages, and unit test practices to ensure that the code has adequate test coverage;
- Develop enterprise grade, high-volume web application platforms, and state of the art technical solutions leveraging Java and JEE technologies and third-party/open source solutions;
- Develop and support loosely coupled, highly scalable EAI solutions and enterprise grade REST API;
- Facilitate integration between internal applications as well as with external clients and third parties; contribute to the evaluation, prototyping, and selection of software solutions as required to make recommendations to enhance performance and scalability of our flagship products;
- Apply consistently test-driven development practices and software quality measurement tools such as SonarQube to improve quality of software delivered;
- Provide hands-on guidance and mentorship to junior members on development teams;
- Foster and support a culture of innovation and excellence in the engineering organization.
(Please note Liaison International, LLC is seeking the stated ability in the above skills but no specific amount or years of experience in these skills is required, unless otherwise specified.)