Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our team.
The qualified candidate will work as a senior engineering member of the software development team focused our new SaaS identity and access solution. This team is responsible for the architecture, design, and development of a native multitenant SaaS product based on our existing highly successful authentication management and access platform, OneSign and Confirm ID. In addition to a someone with hands-on cloud experience, we are looking for a principal level engineer who will also be responsible for tech lead activities, including assisting with staffing, planning and the management of development deliverables on a specific agile team. This is a good opportunity for someone looking to exercise and grow their leadership skills on the side.
The candidate will be someone who enjoys the challenge of tough technical problems and who wants to work on products helping over 1 million users every day in saving time, reducing frustration and providing better patient care. We need someone with a passion for building world-class applications and desire to make an impact on our organization and on solving real-world problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical oversight and delivery of software for our microservices-based SaaS solution.
- Provide leadership to engineering team members
- Lead and perform component and application design
- Design and develop cloud native services on the AWS platform.
- Conduct and oversee code submission, delivery and reviews.
- Coach and mentor developers in coding practices and general engineering principles.
- Assist with the planning, staffing and project deliverables aspect of the solution.
- Help inform and guide development best practices within the engineering team.
- Create high quality code testable through automation and CI/CD pipeline.
- Create unit and system tests.
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree.
- 7-10+ years of overall development experience, with at least 2-3 years building distributed highly scalable hosted/SaaS solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners as needed.
- Working experience on a major cloud platform (e.g. AWS, Google, or equivalent).
- Experience building software that is robust and reliable and capable of providing high performance under at scale and under load.
- Programming in functional paradigm language (Java preferred).
- Experience with distributed platforms, using Kafka/Kubernetes or similar.
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks
- Reactive programming principles using frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, and Play)
- Familiarity with RESTful Web APIs, JSON, web services and the Linux environment
- Experience with cloud-based database and data persistence (e.g. RDS, MySQL, postgres)
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment.
- The following are a plus:
- Understanding of authentication concepts, with multi-factor being desirable.
- Transition of an on-premises or client/server platform to cloud
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From