Office Tour Photos
Are you passionate about building world-class applications? Are you driven by solving real-world problems? Do you want to make your mark in an organization? If so, we are looking for people like you - people who enjoy solving challenging technical problems and who want to build products that help over 1 million users every day save time, reduce frustration, and provide better patient care.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer for our Lexington, MA office.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the software development team focused on security, multifactor authentication, and server components for Imprivatas healthcare security product set. This team is responsible for the architecture, design, and development of features for one of our fastest growing product lines which includes electronic prescription of controlled substances (EPCS), medical device integrations, EMR integrations, and other clinically oriented strong multi-factor authentication workflows. This role will also be front and center in the transition of our core product to focus on the cloud.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Application design and review
- Develop full-stack cloud and on-premises application functionality within a dynamic agile scrum environment
- Create code testable through automation
- Create unit and functional automated tests
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Provide support to customer case support as well as training to field employees on core product set
- Help inform and guide development best practices within the engineering team
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree.
- 8+ years of development experience
- Cloud-based application development experience implementing end-user workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners as needed
- Strong knowledge of Java
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with relational database principles
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of WebSockets
- Working knowledge of modern UI tools like Angular 2 or React, Relay and GraphQL is a plus.
- Experience building server software that is extremely robust and reliable and capable of providing high performance under heavy load
- Working knowledge of SAML is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and/or LDAP directories is a plus
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment is a plus
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From