Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches play smart in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a talented and inquisitive Senior Software Engineer whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Boston, you will be a key player in planning, designing, building and testing the features of our next generation cloud platform that combines digital video assets, wearable data and athlete information to provide insights and analytics to coaching/support staff, sports scientists and athletes to assist in optimizing athlete performance. We believe that our customers deserve the best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our software engineers match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment with your short project timelines from conception to deployment.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Develop and support a suite of products used by professional and collegiate sports teams, including desktop, mobile, and web apps, along with back-end services
- Set best practices for management and development of MS SQL databases
- Replicate SQL databases between LAN and WAN environments
- Actively participate in a cross-functional agile scrum team
- Collaborate closely with developers on other agile scrum teams
- Design and architect new features in collaboration with the team
- Provide feedback in quarterly planning sessions
- Help the team continuously improve its processes through sprint retrospectives
- Maintain code quality and best practices through code reviews, with an eye towards maintainable, efficient, modular, and reliable code
- Improve product quality through authoring unit tests and documenting test cases
WHAT YOULL NEED
- 5+ years experience working with relational databases (MS SQL Server preferred)
- 5+ years software development experience (C#, c++, or Java preferred)
- Experience replicating databases across LAN/WAN networks
- Experience administering, performance tuning, and supporting SQL databases
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Experience delivering Cloud-based products
- Understanding of test-driven development and continuous integration
- Understanding of agile software development methodologies
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and products
- A history of delivering and supporting customer-facing applications
- Experience developing, deploying, and consuming SOAP or REST APIs is a plus
- Experience administering SQL databases in Microsoft Azure is a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Sync Framework SDK is a plus
- Experience authoring test automation scripts is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
- In the US, we offer a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
Whether youre interested in sports or not, youll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.