Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join our athenaCollector team in our Core Product Engineering group. With the athenaCollector product we diligently manage our clients’ revenue cycle so that doctors can focus on what matters: patients.
You will apply your technical skills towards allowing doctors to be doctors so that they are able to spend more time doing what they do best: provide patient care. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are a Principal developer with experience building full stack web applications, preferably in public and private cloud environments. You are an excellent communicator that is capable of quickly picking up the complicated healthcare space.
You have a record of both hands-on engineering and design excellence and have guided and advised team members to promote their success, productivity and effectiveness. You will have an expansive outlook sharing your technical insights with your broader engineering and product organizations.
The Team: This team shepherds the financial health of our clients; working to ensure that in our increasingly complex healthcare landscape our providers are reimbursed appropriately. As an engineer on the athenaCollector Product team, you have the opportunity to work on product components and workflows used to ensure providers get paid, such as medical claim submission, revenue reporting, medical coding, patient account management, denials prevention and patient access.
- Produce accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications with the appropriate detail. Lead design and development on an agile team of Engineers, a Scrum Master, a Product Owner, and Experience Designer
- Collaborate, mentor and advise team members to promote productivity and effectiveness; share business and technical insights with the broader engineering and product organization
- Develop knowledge to act as a domain expert. Take ownership of what the team builds and oversee efforts across the team to ensure completion
- Ideally 7+ years of experience with significant software engineering skills and computer science experience.
- Proficient with at least one modern programming language; relational databases, and modern UI frameworks is helpful.
- We work in Agile environments, so solid Agile experience, and any CI/CD concepts is helpful.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, SQL, RESTful API, and various other technologies is preferred. Forward-looking distributed computing, and tech like WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks a plus.
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From