Office Tour Photos
We are seeking aPrincipal Sales Engineerto join our team!This position works out of the candidates home office and the candidate is expected to travel throughout the assigned region (currently North America) to provide the necessary pre-sales support to close new opportunities in an efficient and effective manner. Travel is anticipated to be 50% per week on average with variances week by week.
The Principal Sales Engineer (PSE) is part of the Imprivata Sales Engineering organization and operates as a highly-skilled technical and business resource who is involved throughout the sales cycle addressing complex sales opportunities. This position is assigned a territory and works directly with Imprivatas Regional Sales Managers, Sales Engineers, Product Sales Specialists, and Customer Success Managers to provide advanced and in-depth technical solution consultation for new and add-on sales opportunities. The Principal Sales Engineer will provide best practice consultation regarding assigned Imprivata solutions including system architecture, workflow diagrams, third party system integration, and solution implementation and deployment.
Additional responsibilities include documentation of solution specifications for customer opportunities and to contribute to the generation of a project Statements of Work, determination of level of effort and scope, and generation of services cost estimations. Strong writing skills are essential for this position. Customer solution assessments are regularly conducted to assist the customer in understanding the value proposition of the solution and to establish business value and the anticipated ROI of the solution. The PSE will develop output presentations from the assessment that will be delivered in-person or via web conference to customer technical and clinical leadership including Directors, Vice Presidents, and C-level executives.
The PSE is also expected to operate in an advisory capacity and to collaborate with internal stakeholders to bridge communication and knowledge gaps between the Sales Engineering team and other departments within Imprivata such as Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, and Support.
As a technical leader in the Pre-Sales Engineering team, the PSE will also mentor Sales Engineers with respect to the assigned solution disciplines and third-party related technologies and integration points. Periodic education and presentation to the pre-sales engineering team on team calls is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and drive all technical aspects of the sales cycle:
- Understand key technical and end-user workflow requirements
- Develop and present appropriate solutions based on Imprivatas products and services
- Develop proposals and key success criteria for evaluations
- Lead technical demonstrations and evaluations
- Develop estimates, proposals and statements of work for professional services engagements
- In collaboration with multiple regional sales teams (Regional Sales Managers and Sales Engineers), achieve strategic company objectives and territory revenue goals
- Provide key enablement services to channel partners and assist them in selling and supporting Imprivatas products and services
- Provide trade show and demonstration support for marketing events
- Research, compose, and deliver responses to RFI/RFPs
- Transition accounts post sale to Imprivatas Professional Services team
- S. in Engineering or a related technical discipline is a desired
- 10+ years relevant sales engineering, consulting, or system integration experience with one or more vendors or Value Added Resellers (VARs) in the healthcare IT industry
- Expertise in a broad range of applications and technologies including, but not limited to:
- Enterprise architecture
- Microsoft Windows operating systems
- LDAP-based directory technologies such as Microsoft Active Directory
- Application/software virtualization technologies such as Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, Microsoft Terminal Services and VMware Workstation and Horizon View
- Identity Management and Single Sign-On technologies
- Enterprise and SaaS-based software security technologies
- Hands-on and relevant working experience in integration of systems with HL7, ADT, and EMPIs is a strong plus
- Hands-on and relevant working experience with identity management solutions is a strong plus
- Hands-on and relevant working experience with Microsoft SQL Server is desired
- Scripting or software development experience is desired, but not required
- Excellent and demonstrated presentation as well as and verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Experience staging and delivering technical demonstrations and proof of concept evaluations is strongly desired
- Experience selling multiple products and supporting multiple sales representatives is strongly desired
- Experience discussing, scoping and estimating professional services is desired
- Experience selling to healthcare providers is strongly desired
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Residence within the lower 48 states and within an hours commute to an airport servicing major commercial airlines is highly preferred
- Ability to travel up to an average 50% of the time with variances week by week
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From