At Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), we manage a high-quality investment portfolio utilizing a disciplined strategy. We have a large and varied customer base, supported by strategic business units that function as a complete investment firm within our Fortune 100 Company. Our Investment professionals are essential to our ability to keep our promises to policyholders, claimants and their families.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Responsible for crafting and developing applications, integration of disparate data sources, modeling frameworks, forecasting tools, and analytical infrastructure that supports investment decision-making, risk reporting, trading, and portfolio management. Provides technical leadership and complex solution design mentorship. Devise development and deployment procedures to support a production trading environment. Leads projects of high technical and quantitative complexity.
Responsible for monitoring the work of team members to ensure solution adhere to department policies and best practices. Responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Provide mentorship to new developers and team!
- Applies advanced analytics and quantitative concepts to support the investment research needs
- Leads the implementation of a complex research project through the entire software development lifecycle
- Approaches research solution design with an architectural attitude that emphasizes transparency, maintainability and extensibility
- Leads all aspects of the implementation of models, strategies and analytical tools used to drive trading decisions
- Coordinates the implementation of valuation and risk models and tools for securities that are currently on the books or about to be purchased or bid on
- Monitors and analyze the effectiveness of valuation and risk models and enacts new developments as needed
- Lead initiatives with traders, quantitative analysts, risk modelers, and solutions engineers
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in mathematical finance, mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, computer science, informatics or similar quantitative area
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years experience working with analytical models and partnering with investment professionals focused in either Equity or Fixed Income asset classes
- Extensive knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies, methodologies
- Proficient in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts
- Strong in multiple programming languages and tools such as new and emerging technologies, Full Stack development knowledge and technical programming skills using Python, Matlab, R, C#, Java, SQL, AWS
- Extensive understanding of agile software development concepts and processes. Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker
- Shown ability to work effectively with business and technical partners, to build trust, and to interact successfully with the team
- Strong ability to translate business needs into requirements and to interpret effectively for technical partners
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
More Jobs From