Principal Pricing Analyst
We are looking for analytical doers, builders and collaborators!
Join our new and growing Portfolio Strategy team as the Principal Pricing Strategist and help set the stage in the vision, prioritization, and roadmap for global pricing initiatives, including pricing models and process improvements.
As the Principal Pricing Strategist you will operate as a strategic and hands-on subject matter expert by closely collaborating with our analytics leadership, product management and Go-to-Market (GTM) teams to identify and implement improvements in analytical techniques and data infrastructure to improve the quality of pricing decisions.
What you’ll do
- Develop, manage, and implement organization strategies, processes, systems, and actions that assure the business achieves optimal price realization and drives data‑based decisions at the enterprise level for sales and marketing
- Program management, including analysis, project planning and reporting for new sku creation, portfolio pricing changes and promotion launches
- Build out tooling, analysis and tools to identify and prioritize revenue yield improvement opportunities to reduce profit loss
- Use primary and secondary research to maintain insights into competitive pricing as well as market/based pricing elasticity
- Develop a singular voice within the company (verbal, presentation, internal blog posts, etc) around price management and price-based negotiation strategy
- Deal desk review support and large deal evaluation leadership
What you’ll bring
- 8 –10 years’ financial and pricing analysis or operational analytics roles experience, of which 3-4 years are focused on direct pricing; experience supporting SaaS-style products and technology services
- Passion to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company in which cross-functional teamwork, big picture thinking, and initiative is a must!
- Demonstrated track-record of successfully owning or co-leading ambitious strategic and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams to influence key decisions/stakeholders and have the confidence to share (and defend) ideas in front of business and product leaders
- Strong Excel and advanced analytics package experience (Python or R)
Bonus points for
- Experience in top-tier strategy consulting firm