At TrueMotion, were making driving safer and insurance smarter. We offer auto insurers a mobile telematics platform that enables next-generation digital programs. Powered by machine learning, our platform can tell when a person is driving, reveals their behaviors behind the wheel, and detects crashes. Were a team of engineers, entrepreneurs, sales and customer success leaders, data scientists, and more. We take on complex problems, build innovative solutions and have fun while doing it!
TrueMotion is looking for an experienced, customer focused, and humble Principal Mobile Architect who wants to make an impact at a growing startup, and help save lives on the road.
Do you love helping to define scalable mobile applications and architectures? Do you love working with development teams to build scalable mobile applications with reusable code and ensuring best practices are followed? Do you like working with customers to help them integrate technology into their mobile applications? If so, TrueMotion is looking for an experienced Mobile Development Lead/Architect to be part of our customer delivery team.
In this role, you will steer mobile development architecture and best practices across various development teams. You will help manage outsource partners in delivering customer mobile solutions to our partners. You will also be working with our customers and partners to help integrate TrueMobile technology into their applications. You will collaborate with the technical and commercial teams, and the client to plan and lead business and technical meetings/discussions, document requirements, develop estimates, document business and technical project scope and plan out the project including writing stories with the team, planning milestones and deliverables. You will work with client teams and internal delivery teams to deliver the implementations through acceptance by the client and ensuring business stakeholders are getting the correct value from the solution.
Since we are a scaling startup, your influence in prioritizing features and processes will be critical to the companys success. You will also work closely with our customer success teams to support the onboarding of clients on our technology and ensuring that they are getting value from the solution.
- Develop Mobile Integration Services Offering to Support our customers integrating the various flavors of our mobile API. (Includes development and maintenance of support portal, reference code, etc.)
- Serve as overall Mobile Architect for Mobile Services Deployments
- Act as the lead mobile consult, working with internal and partner development resources to ensure the right mobile architecture is leveraged in all of our deployments
- Supporting our Development Partners in Developing Applications on our platform
- Provide Vendor Management of development partners including vetting of resources, validating time entry etc.
- Coordination of mobile releases in the company
- Meet with clients to understand and document business requirements and a delivery plan for solutions leveraging TrueMotion Products
- Ensuring a solution is meeting the business goals of our customers
- Drive consistent processes and templates across services offerings
- As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for educating and guiding decisions made by internal teams, solution partners and customer technical teams
- Ability to Travel 15%-25%. No travel is currently required until COVID restrictions are lifted
- 8+ years of relevant experience with 3-5+ years of experience in a senior/leadership role
- Proven success in delivering mobile SaaS based software projects on time, in scope, and to customer business goals
- Experience with both Android and IOS development environments and technologies
- Must be fluent in one mobile development language (Kotlin or Swift) and capable in the other
- Experience working on mobile teams to build and launch an app from scratch
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs required
- Experience with development at scale - high throughput, low latency
- Recent hands-on experience in mobile development
- Working with customers - customer focused, and experience working with internal software teams in a scrum process and cadence
- Ability to think about the entire solution to solve the business objectives, with strong attention to details and the ability to communicate it both verbally and in precise written format
- Ability to scope and document requirements, stories and solution architectures
- Ability to estimate, plan, and create milestones leading to the complete project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience with Python or SaaS backend development in general is desirable
- Bachelors or Masters preferable in a technical field such as engineering or computer science
- Fair & competitive salary based on experience
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Relax, dine out, or take a class with a variety of unique anniversary gifts
- Burn some calories during our optional bi-weekly virtual workouts
- Get to know your coworkers over virtual drinks & snacks every Thursday
- Have fun at our frequent team outings & volunteer at local organizations
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment that enriches our employees lives in and outside of work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability state.